Tyres

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Tyres

Postby Ladybird » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:51 pm

Ok currently updating the main site and need your help:

Can you post what tyres you use - why? - and tell me about the tyre.....THANKS! :D
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:51 pm

Blackbird specific BT020 W and L

I used 020s on my previous bike (Pan European) and they gave excellent grip in the wet and good wear so when I changed from the standard Dunlops on the xx I went for the 020s - and Wobbs said they were good too :thumbsup)

Another reason is that the last pair were free and I doubt Avon or Michelin can compete with that :D I may try something else later in the year though - depends on how I feel :wink)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Mr C » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:07 pm

tried pirelli diablos ond goosed the rear in 3k..........
020 specific now, still going well after 3k :mrgreen:
Mr C

Postby numb bits » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:09 pm

Avon Azzaro's 11, These are by far the best priced tyres you can buy,and as far as i can tell they are better than anything else that i have ridden on, superb all round get's the :thumbsup) :thumbsup) :thumbsup) from me 8)
numb bits

Postby Scruffygit » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:45 pm

Avon AV45/46. Got them to replace the original D205s at about 7000 miles after hearing rave reviews about them and they were cheap - £130 at the BMF - OK its not :taz cheap but you know what I mean. Now done nearly 13k and still got loads of wear left and not too badly squared off after far too many motorway miles. Much improved handling - I used to have inch wide chicken strips on the 205s but managed to run right to the edge of the tread on the Avons. I have not experienced any of the 'dodgy handling' in the damp reported by some people but then I ride like a wuss in the dry let alone in the wet.

Only problem I have noticed is that I get a gentle weave when going past HGVs at 85+ with luggage (soft panniers) on. It does not happen when the panniers are not fitted. Its nothing serious and stops once I have gone past the truck but it never happened with the 205s.
Scruffygit
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby big kev » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:28 pm

avons fer me too i had a terrible time settling down to what tyre to use on the xx, but i've found the avons to be totally inspiring. i have more confidence in my own ability and total confidence in grip :D

YEEHAAA!!!..HERE WE GO....OH SHIT!!WHERE DID THAT COME FROM....!
big kev
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby The Grim Reaper » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:43 pm

Well, the bike came with Pirelli Dragon GTS fitted and they have been excellent, so far. I'll have a better idea of wear once I have killed a set but they don't lack grip and seem to be wearing OK so far (3k).

Cheers

Grim
I'm the master of the wossname, so don't thingummy with me, matey.
The Grim Reaper
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to And The Survey Said....