Screens

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Screens

Postby Ladybird » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:57 pm

Again....your feedback required for the main site....

Do you have an aftermarket screen - if so what? Ease of fit and quality?
Why did you choose that screen?
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:59 pm

No aftermarket screen for me - the standard one is fine 8)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Mr C » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:16 pm

MRA touring , good quality, good fitment, excellent wind protection
Mr C

Postby numb bits » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:16 pm

Givi touring screen not the best looking screen on the market, but knock's off most of the buffeting for a big git like me :roll) :roll) even at stupid speeds,( MAYBE THATS WHY MINES FASTER THAN THE REST :wink) )AND ITS RED TOO..
numb bits

Postby Scruffygit » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:32 pm

Was getting tired of being wind blasted for 400 miles at a time so fitted a F-Fabbri double bubble. The fit was a bit iffy where it fitted being a effectively just a curved flat sheet rather than being joggled at the edge to fit under the fairing. It did work at keeping the wind off me when riding solo but when Natalie was on the back, it set up quite a bad turbulance that knocked both our heads around so I went back to the original.

Picked up a MRA db at the NEC (still no boots :banghead) ) in a deal with a P&P seat - screen and seat with gel inserts for £250. Excellent fit although it feels considerably more flimsy than the original, and it works very well - I can now sit at 90 in relative calm. Also not certain if it is the screen or the Blue flames, or both, but all I could hear at 40 used to be wind roar. Now wind noise is reduced and I can still hear the exhaust at 90 with ear plugs fitted.
Scruffygit
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Mr C » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:51 pm

thats the cans, and you got the quiet ones, ( 2 baffles in total, mind you are getting old ) :D
Mr C

Postby Scruffygit » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:20 pm

Mr C wrote:thats the cans, and you got the quiet ones, ( 2 baffles in total, mind you are getting old ) :D

Something you're not going to achieve at this rate.
Scruffygit
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Mr C » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:24 pm

:mrgreen: :clap: :mrgreen: :clap:

You heard about my feck ups over there too :D
Mr C

Postby Scruffygit » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:29 pm

Mr C wrote::mrgreen: :clap: :mrgreen: :clap:

You heard about my feck ups over there too :D

Which ones :-?
Scruffygit
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Mr C » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:31 pm

Pm'd ya ! :wink)
Mr C

Postby BiXXer Bob » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:55 pm

Nuvo double bubble. No windblast, stable as the proverbial. Fit is good and (with proper care when cleaning obviously) is resisting scratches well so far - done 30,000 miles over 4 years in all weathers. All in all, good value I think.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying.

BiXXer Bob
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

neck ache

Postby mainroaduk » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:09 pm

Hello,
I`ve just bought my first blackbird, and for the most part I love it however, I have found a downside. I get cronic neck ache riding it. So I`m after some advice please. Do you think my neck ache is caused by the handle bar postion? or the screen? I am looking into buying either a flip up or touring screen, but can`t make my mind up which would be the best option, so if anyone has tried a flip screen and a touring screen I would like to hear there comments please. Also which handlebar risers are the best and why? Thanks
John
mainroaduk
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: neck ache

Postby Speedy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:39 pm

mainroaduk wrote:Hello,
I`ve just bought my first blackbird, and for the most part I love it however, I have found a downside. I get cronic neck ache riding it. So I`m after some advice please. Do you think my neck ache is caused by the handle bar postion? or the screen? I am looking into buying either a flip up or touring screen, but can`t make my mind up which would be the best option, so if anyone has tried a flip screen and a touring screen I would like to hear there comments please. Also which handlebar risers are the best and why? Thanks
John

Hi and welcome. If you want to try a MRI double bubble, I've got a spare you can look at. Probably bars position is more relevant though. I would suggest you look at Pete Collards bar raisers.

http://www.blackbirdspares.co.uk/
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. But so was yesterday, and look how you messed that up.
Speedy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby 1137cc » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:37 am

Got mine from M&P no idea what make it is, but it is a double bubble with cbr1100xx on the lower portion of the screen where it's black.
1137cc
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

screens

Postby mainroaduk » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:06 am

Hello,
Ok, thanks, just given that link a look for the bar risers, and they have screens too! As for the screen, I think I`m going to go for the touring or flip but may come and see you about the screen i fyour local speedy.
Thanks again
John
mainroaduk
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: screens

Postby Speedy » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:03 pm

mainroaduk wrote:Hello,
Ok, thanks, just given that link a look for the bar risers, and they have screens too! As for the screen, I think I`m going to go for the touring or flip but may come and see you about the screen i fyour local speedy.
Thanks again
John

It's not actually for sale, m8. But you're welcome to try it for a few days to help your buying decision.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. But so was yesterday, and look how you messed that up.
Speedy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

screens

Postby mainroaduk » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:13 pm

Cheers mate, but sorted now. I have ordered a flip screen and bbs bar risers from the bb shop that you gave me the link for, I will see how I get on with those!
Cheers
John
mainroaduk
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to And The Survey Said....