Aftermarket Cans

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Aftermarket Cans

Postby Ladybird » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:13 pm

If you have got 'em - what did you buy? Why? Quality? Ese of fitting? Any other modifications required?
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby Captain » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:04 pm

Akropovic 4-2-1 Carbon Race.

To make the XX more individual and to smooth out the throttle response and fix the flat spot, thereby slightly improving the ride.

Quality is second to none and well worth the money spent on it.

The fitting was a doddle with only a rudimentary understanding of machanics. All done in 2 hours, including fitting new gasket seals.

Only mod needed was to remove the centre stand but this has not been a problem as the Abus tubular stand is safer and more secure as it fits to the frame as opposed to the swinging arm. :clap: :clap:
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby numb bits » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:04 pm

Me too same as captain, 4-2-1 race system exellent, and everything else you said Captain.. :clap: :clap:
numb bits

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:10 pm

Nowt wrong with the standard zorsts (CAT) so I'm happy with what I've got. They look really nice and sound really nice - I'm not one to make a lot of noise like some people on here :twisted)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Mr C » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:11 pm

Did have the same again, Akropovic 4--2--1 but was all i could get my hands on at the time....... Excellent system , titanium road race can,

Since changed whole system to a motad stainless steel headers and Blue flame evo II road legal cans :mrgreen: with 4 removable baffles :D

Noisy when required, but easy at MOT time
Mr C

Postby Scruffygit » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:59 pm

Blue flame Evos - titanium single exit. Bought them from Blue flame direct at the NEC show. Not too certain why I bought them as the only thing I went to the show with the intention of buying was a new pair of boots. Guess what the one thing I didn't get was :banghead) :banghead) . Not too certain about the look either - I actually prefer the look of the original cans - although the sound is much meatier now (baffles in). I have got her booked onto a dyno at the end of the month to see what the fueling is like and if she needs a PCIII.

Build quality is ok although the original link pipes were about 6mm too long so that the mounting points didn't line up. Sorted by Blue flame by the simple expedient of hacksawing the excess off. The cut edge is a bit ragged and looks tatty but only if you are looking for it.

Saddo that I am, I actually compared the weights. The total weight of the originals is 14.211 Kg, the Blue flames 6.993Kg.
Scruffygit
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Mr C » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:04 pm

Scruffygit wrote:Saddo that I am, I actually compared the weights. The total weight of the originals is 14.211 Kg, the Blue flames 6.993Kg.

do some feckin work then......................... :D
Mr C

Postby Scruffygit » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:17 pm

Mr C wrote:
Scruffygit wrote:Saddo that I am, I actually compared the weights. The total weight of the originals is 14.211 Kg, the Blue flames 6.993Kg.

do some feckin work then......................... :D

Thats 'do some feckin work then...............Chief' if you don't mind.

and Borrocks asshole , I'm practicing to be a civvy.

Ok :redcard
Scruffygit
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Mr C » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:21 pm

Scruffygit wrote:Thats 'do some feckin work then...............Chief' if you don't mind.
Ha feckin ha, Called a wing Cmdr mate today, D'oh...not a happy bunny

Scruffygit wrote:and Borrocks asshole , I'm practicing to be a civvy.
Me too, only another 7 years to practice :D
Mr C

Postby Scruffygit » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:26 pm

Mr C wrote: Me too, only another 7 years to practice :D

How Long. No-ones got that long :D :D .

Had a brief from the JHC AVM today on the future of SHF. Thank god I'm getting out and you are well in the brown and smelly :finger).
Scruffygit
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby big kev » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:12 pm

:-? WELL, seeing as chuff has already mentioned the system he had , i might aswell say that i'm very satisfied with the acraprovic, in other words to me it's the dogs bollox. :thumbsup) thanx chuff! :thumbsup)

YEEHAAA!!!..HERE WE GO....OH SHIT!!WHERE DID THAT COME FROM....!
big kev
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to And The Survey Said....