Motrax LED Alleycators

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Motrax LED Alleycators

Postby redcalibra » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:13 pm

Anybody fitted these ,if so do they flash correctly or is a resistor or some other device necessary, motrax charge £20.00 for their own " Fix" any experiences welcome.
Cheers Steve. :banghead)
redcalibra
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Chuff » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:21 pm

DO NOT BUY THESE unless you want a fcuk about factor of 10.

They flash INcorrectly... (too fast i think, had a voddie since )

Mate had them fittd to his :P Gixer thou and spent more time trying to sort them than riding it.

did slave wire them onto my xx and it was the same. :banghead)
Chuff

Postby Trident » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:34 pm

If you're keeping your standard bulbs in the front indicators you'll need to draw at least 1A through the rear indicator to make the flasher unit flash correctly. I dont know the spec on the Allycators but if they're LED based units then they may well draw very little current compared with a standard incandescent bulb.

To get round this problem you can try fitting 1 or two 15 ohm 17 watt resistors in parallel with each of the rear Allycators to increase the load on the flasher unit. You might get away with one resistor but it will depend on how much load the Allycators actually take.

If you do give this solution a go don't forget that the resistors will get warm after a while so leave a little airspace around them.

5 off resistors from RS Components is £2.60 + Vat

Stock No. 206-1647

Hope this helps but if you want any more info just ask.
Trident
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

led

Postby redcalibra » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:24 pm

Thanks trident I think I :clap: will give them a wide berth mate, all the same,thanks for your great advice.
redcalibra
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Re: Motrax LED Alleycators

Postby Shadrack » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:45 pm

redcalibra wrote:Anybody fitted these ,if so do they flash correctly or is a resistor or some other device necessary, motrax charge £20.00 for their own " Fix" any experiences welcome.
Cheers Steve. :banghead)

FFS M8 leave off the Xantax :P
Shadrack

Postby The Grim Reaper » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:50 am

I fitted small indicators to my old blade and it was just a case of wiring some resistors in parallel with them, very easy to do, mind you, I'm an electronic engineer :P

I'm thinking of modifying the indicators on the xx as I have to switch them over to the rack when I fit the lugage and it's a PITA.

Cheers

Grim
I'm the master of the wossname, so don't thingummy with me, matey.
The Grim Reaper
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to And The Survey Said....