Datatool System 3

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Datatool System 3

Postby Marathon Man » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:37 pm

Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with this alarm.

It is just that, after some Dodo (she'll be as extinct as one if I come across her again) reversed onto my '96 xx a few weeks back (anyone fancied a superb 35,000 miler with front end damage?), I've got myself another '01 xx and I understand the HISS can be "upgraded" with the addition of the System 3 alarm.

Is this true, how well does it perform, and can I use the hazard warning light function on the move (as I now wish to make the xx look as conspicuous as possible!)?

Ta in anticipation of a flood of useful replies.
Marathon Man
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Mr C » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:20 pm

sorry MM, can't helpy a out,

and may i suggest reposting this,

or crew, hello, move this to the out patients section............

:mrgreen:
Mr C

Re: Datatool System 3

Postby Gizzit » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Marathon Man wrote:Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with this alarm.

It is just that, after some Dodo (she'll be as extinct as one if I come across her again) reversed onto my '96 xx a few weeks back (anyone fancied a superb 35,000 miler with front end damage?), I've got myself another '01 xx and I understand the HISS can be "upgraded" with the addition of the System 3 alarm.

Is this true, how well does it perform, and can I use the hazard warning light function on the move (as I now wish to make the xx look as conspicuous as possible!)?

Ta in anticipation of a flood of useful replies.

A system 3 datatool is full Thatcham cat 1 approved regardless of the HISS. Personally, I wouldn't bother for the amount you MAY save on your insurance (unless you have to) for the 2 - 3 hundred quid you will have to shell out. Better just to buy a cheap motion sensor alarm and fit it yourself. I had a system 3 on my last bird and frankly it can be a pain in the arse sometimes as it self arms. Fill up with petrol and unless you remember to disable the alarm - off it goes :roll) Apart from that my experience with the alarm was ok.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot use the hazard function on the move by the way.

You want conspicuous...... speak to AJ, the founder of conspic-R-us :mrgreen:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Shadrack » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:53 pm

They don't like peages :-?
Shadrack

Postby Marathon Man » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:39 am

Shadrack wrote:They don't like peages :-?

Pourquoi?
Marathon Man
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:54 am

I've got a Datatool S3 alarm and I don't have a problem with it at all - it does everything it's supposed to do and is a good companion to HISS. The HISS system can be upgraded by the addition of some sort of modification to make it more secure or summat - not exactly what though but it was on a thread somewhere in a previous life on Ixxra :-?

The S3 has to be professionally installed cuz you need a certificate to get the insurance benefits, but take my advice - watch the fooker like a hawk cuz the professionals aren't really professionals in my experience :roll)
TazCBR1100XX

data alarm

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:52 pm

i had my meta taken off becuse it was going off all the time after ive been for ride .

i phoned up PROTEC alarms and he rewirred the meta 7 time and it was still going off so he changed it to DATA TOOL SYSTEM 3 all under warranty all ok.
BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOLE
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to And The Survey Said....