Great Tool For Bike Washing

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Great Tool For Bike Washing

Postby SPF 0 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:19 am

I bought a MetroVac Master Blaster Air Force blow dryer last week. This critter has two 4hp motors that blow warmed air with a purpose! It really did the job on my car and the cage for my wife's chinchillas.

It's noisier than I would like but it's much quieter (and much more effective) than the leaf blower I bought for a similar purpose.

I'm looking forward to trying on allen head bolts and other rust traps.

Only caveat is that there is a derivation made for pet groomers that's about 45% less ($229 vs $399). I talked to the people who manufacture it and they said the blowers are exactly the same. Only difference is the motorcycle-specific one has a $35 accessory kit (which you can buy separately if you want it) and one for pets is sold directly by the retailers. The motorcycle one goes through distributors and is marked up accordingly.

I have no idea if they make one for European voltage but I thought it worthy so we can spend less time wash and more time riding.

http://www.motorcycledryer.com/
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."

'02 XX
SPF 0
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby BiXXer Bob » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:51 pm

eyecrazy want one!!!! :mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying.

BiXXer Bob
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby SPF 0 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:30 am

I had a piece of dripping, soaking wet carpeting in my garage. Using the blower on one section, in well under a minute I had the carpet just slight damp to the touch.

Pretty damn impressive.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."

'02 XX
SPF 0
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:58 am

I use my wifes hair dryer when she's not at home :D .....watch ya don't melt anything though. :D
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Great Tool For Bike Washing

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:02 am

SPF 0 wrote:I bought a MetroVac Master Blaster Air Force blow dryer last week. This critter has two 4hp motors that blow warmed air with a purpose! It really did the job on my car and the cage for my wife's chinchillas.

It's noisier than I would like but it's much quieter (and much more effective) than the leaf blower I bought for a similar purpose.

I'm looking forward to trying on allen head bolts and other rust traps.

Only caveat is that there is a derivation made for pet groomers that's about 45% less ($229 vs $399). I talked to the people who manufacture it and they said the blowers are exactly the same. Only difference is the motorcycle-specific one has a $35 accessory kit (which you can buy separately if you want it) and one for pets is sold directly by the retailers. The motorcycle one goes through distributors and is marked up accordingly.

I have no idea if they make one for European voltage but I thought it worthy so we can spend less time wash and more time riding.

http://www.motorcycledryer.com/

Just watched the video ad.....got a compressor that can do that. :-)
Tim
Site Admin

Postby barsteward » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:30 am

I just employ Tim.................get him to wash it down with some nice shampoo rich water....rince it off in clean water....... by the time all the hot air has evapourated from his mouth my xxs dry as fook.
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:35 pm

barsteward wrote:I just employ Tim.................get him to wash it down with some nice shampoo rich water....rince it off in clean water....... by the time all the hot air has evapourated from his mouth my xxs dry as fook.

:smackbutt :smackbutt :getthis) . :mrgreen:
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Shlink » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:42 pm

barsteward wrote:I just employ Tim.................get him to wash it down with some nice shampoo rich water....rince it off in clean water....... by the time all the hot air has evapourated from his mouth my xxs dry as fook.

rotfl rotfl
If assholes could fly, 10 Downing Street would be an airport.
Shlink
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby joeboxer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:51 pm

I use a compressor too - it's only a 2hp thingy - 25ltr but it blows all the water away from bolt heads ect.. :)
joeboxer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:33 pm

Tim wrote:

:smackbutt :smackbutt :getthis) . :mrgreen:

you did leave the door wing wide open :mrgreen: even a tigger saw that coming :banghead)
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby SPF 0 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:40 pm

joeboxer wrote:I use a compressor too - it's only a 2hp thingy - 25ltr but it blows all the water away from bolt heads ect.. :)

While this thing does heat the air before blowing it and has 2 4HP motors, I can't imagine it would do job better enough to justify buying a 2nd device.

On another note, it must be nice to have a source of compressed air right in your garage.

'02 XX
SPF 0
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Shlink » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:42 pm

Meeshy has a source of compressed air in the bedroom... my arse :mrgreen:
If assholes could fly, 10 Downing Street would be an airport.
Shlink
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby SPF 0 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:52 pm

Well. . .I guess it is heated. . .

'02 XX
SPF 0
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby REEFER » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:10 am

errr what about a hoover such as the henry types..just attach the tube to the outlet side and instant blast of warm air..same job half the price and you can hoover with it too :wink)
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby SPF 0 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:30 pm

REEFER wrote:errr what about a hoover such as the henry types..just attach the tube to the outlet side and instant blast of warm air

I can't imagine a vacuum cleaner putting out anywhere near the air output of this blower. I switched it on one time without a super firm grip on the hose and it got pulled right out of my hand.

'02 XX
SPF 0
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Tim » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:40 pm

SPF 0 wrote:
REEFER wrote:errr what about a hoover such as the henry types..just attach the tube to the outlet side and instant blast of warm air

I can't imagine a vacuum cleaner putting out anywhere near the air output of this blower. I switched it on one time without a super firm grip on the hose and it got pulled right out of my hand.

Yea....I'll bet it's a load more powerful than the Hoover......a load more compact too......and "cooler" looking as well..... :mrgreen:
Tim
Site Admin

Postby cbx1000 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:00 am

jesus we are driving plastic bullets..... drive the water off it haha :P
john
cbx1000
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby aj » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:56 pm

compressor... got one... spends more time compressing than foookin blowin at full steam.. :banghead)

solution... get on yer bike while wet... blast down the road fer a mile at 150mph.... it will be quite dry when yer get back :D

solution... while wet... spray the entire bike with water repellent WD40 :clap:
stand with fag in one hand...coffee in tother... till dry :mrgreen:

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tim » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:45 pm

Jeezus fookin wept aJ...You are really starting to worry me now... :banghead) :-? :P :|
Tim
Site Admin

Return to And The Survey Said....