TYRE SEALANTS

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

TYRE SEALANTS

Postby ROVERT57 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:30 pm

Does any body use the ultraseal puncture preventer on thier bike , or have any experience with these products,
How do you put the stuff into your tyre
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Akuji » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:59 pm

it goes in via the valve - you get a tool to take the valve out then turn the wheel so the valve is offset to the bottom and pour in the CORRECT amount.

If you put too much in you will get a wheel wobble but with the right amount there is no trouble, I've been using it for a while in bike and car and works fine 8)
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby ROVERT57 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:58 pm

Thanks Akuji
thiuoght it might be worth putting some in when touring abroad
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Akuji » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:37 pm

Yep - i would recommend it when touring for peace of mind but you should still check your tyres before every ride regardless 8)
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Deano » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:49 pm

Gotta say I don't recommend it.

As I have said many times before if I get a problem with a tyre I want to know about it.

Check the speed rating of the product lads. And reconsider 'cos they will not be recommended for bikes that go over a certain speed (150mph I think). That would be a worry to me on the Nurburgring I can tell ya.

Nope not for me.

I do carry a puncture repair kit to get me to a safe place at easy speeds if I get a puncture.

Deano
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Postby Speedy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:59 pm

Totally agree, Deano, mate.

Had a very bad experience about 3 years ago, and wouldn't touch it again.

There are numerous threads on here about these products, and the consensus has always been, "it's fine for a lot of bikes, but not those with the power of an xx "

Obviously, you pay your money, etc. etc.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. But so was yesterday, and look how you messed that up.
Speedy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Akuji » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:01 pm

Deano wrote:Gotta say I don't recommend it.

As I have said many times before if I get a problem with a tyre I want to know about it.

Check the speed rating of the product lads. And reconsider 'cos they will not be recommended for bikes that go over a certain speed (150mph I think). That would be a worry to me on the Nurburgring I can tell ya.

Nope not for me.

I do carry a puncture repair kit to get me to a safe place at easy speeds if I get a puncture.

Deano

erm but we can only go 70mph anyway officer :twisted)
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Cogs » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:34 pm

Akuji is right correct measure is vital. I had some put in a ZX6R for a France trip. The guy said he had put a little extra in for me. I thought nothing of it untill abroad & found i had avery bad wobble at varying speeds mostly 100mph + spoilt my fun, never used it since.
Cogs
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Return to And The Survey Said....