MRA Vario

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

MRA Vario

Postby MaXX2 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:52 pm

Can hardly believe I'm posting this but this is a recommendation for the MRA Vario screen jawdropping

At 6'2" the MRA Touring Screen was fine for rider only runs but me mrs is a leggy 5'9" and was seriously suffering from buffeting at anything over 60-70 mph. Recently got so bad that it was either try the Vario and bar risers or try the Pan Euro :cry) :cry)

It had to be that bad for me to bolt on the ugliest creation in aerodynamics to me beloved xx but, to be fair, it bloody works well. We tried speeds of 120mph today as we went past Bruntingthorpe on the way to Squires, and it was bearable for Kay- anything under that was fine :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you have a similar buffeting problem, buy a Vario and poke yersel in both eyes whenever ya walk past the front of yer pride & joy. It's a worthwhile compromise.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Re: MRA Vario

Postby Tigger » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:40 am

MaXX2 wrote:Can hardly believe I'm posting this but this is a recommendation for the MRA Vario screen jawdropping

At 6'2" the MRA Touring Screen was fine for rider only runs but me mrs is a leggy 5'9" and was seriously suffering from buffeting at anything over 60-70 mph. Recently got so bad that it was either try the Vario and bar risers or try the Pan Euro :cry) :cry)

It had to be that bad for me to bolt on the ugliest creation in aerodynamics to me beloved xx but, to be fair, it bloody works well. We tried speeds of 120mph today as we went past Bruntingthorpe on the way to Squires, and it was bearable for Kay- anything under that was fine :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you have a similar buffeting problem, buy a Vario and poke ME in both eyes whenever ya walk past the front of MY pride & joy. It's a LAUGH.

ok :mrgreen: what next, tassles

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:55 pm

Tigger wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:Can hardly believe I'm posting this but this is a recommendation for the MRA Vario screen jawdropping

If you have a similar buffeting problem, buy a Vario and poke ME in both eyes whenever ya walk past the front of MY pride & joy. It's a LAUGH.

ok :mrgreen: what next, tassles

Always wanted to hang furry dice insde the screen, but never had the nuts to do it :oops) :D :D
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Tigger » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:11 am

MaXX2 wrote:Always wanted to hang furry dice insde the screen, but never had the nuts to do it :oops) :D :D

make sure you fit em securely... if they come off at 90mph, its no good rolling an 7 if it strangled you in the process :mrgreen:
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby barsteward » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:58 am

MaXX2 wrote:Recently got so bad that it was either try the Vario and bar risers or try the Pan Euro :cry) :cry)

It . It's a worthwhile compromise.

:mrgreen: Told yer so :D
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby MaXX2 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:13 pm

barsteward wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:Recently got so bad that it was either try the Vario and bar risers or try the Pan Euro :cry) :cry)

Yes, I remember yer saying "...so get a Pan Euro and Feck Off" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Akuji » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:13 pm

MaXX2 wrote:
barsteward wrote:

Yes, I remember yer saying "...so get a Pan Euro and Feck Off" cos i won't be able to keep up wiv ya :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to And The Survey Said....