Tank skin

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Tank skin

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:42 pm

Just orderd one of these for me bike, cos I keep scuffing the tank with me knees. Anyone else had any experience with this product?

its from http://www.motoshop.net/tank1.htm

I will let you knw what I think in a couple of weeks when it arrives and I have time to fit it :mrgreen:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:46 pm

Honestly.... :sick)

why not go the whole way and use a tank harness? like that you protect the whole tank and also have the option to use a tankbag aswell.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:31 pm

I like to see at least some of the tank and I think it will look OK on a black tank. Did think about a tank harness but not too keen. Ah well, wait and see I guess :mrgreen:
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bezzer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:52 pm

Ahh they've renamed it for over here, in the USA it's called a Tank Bra mainly I suppose because it makes you look like TIT sick
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:00 pm

Nah, this is from the US, its a variation of the tank bra, supposed to look a bit better. Like I said, I shall wait and see. If it looks like crap I'll just take it off :mrgreen:
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:29 pm

Stop being such a fookin pansy and buy a fookin tank harness like all the other intelligent folk do :roll) And get yer IXXRA discount too :thumbsup) They look pretty damn good ya know, and ya can always take it off when yer cleaning the tank or when ya want to blind someone with the stunning good looks of the xx (even the Red/pink ones :mrgreen: ) I really can't see the point in only being able to see half the tank and having the other half lookin like it fell into one of Norah Battys stockings :sick)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Gizzit » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:20 am

You will all no doubt all be happy to hear I have cancelled the order. Stupid bastids miscalculated the postage which is now going to cost more than the fookin tank skin :roll)

Anyway, I think on reflection that you were all about right (except Taz cos he's a bastid :mrgreen: ). It does look shite :mrgreen:

Bagalux for me then :oops)
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:29 am

Go on Jism - admit it, it wuz the thought of it looking like Norah Battys stockings that made you want one in the first place wasn't it :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Chuff » Sat May 01, 2004 9:03 pm

TazCBR1100XX wrote:Stop being such a fookin pansy and buy a fookin tank harness like all the other intelligent folk do :roll) And get yer IXXRA discount too :thumbsup)

Where we get discount then ????????????????
Chuff

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun May 02, 2004 10:47 am

Well, I bought mine from Cusworths in Doncaster and just told them that I get a 10% discount from Baglux cuz I'm in ixxra and they gave it to me :thumbsup) Mind you, I had previously phoned Baglux and that's what they told me to do 8) So perhaps you should find a local supplier, then ask them how much it is, then tell them you get 10% discount for being an ixxra member and ask them if they will honour the discount - tell 'em Baglux said so :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Trident » Sun May 02, 2004 4:11 pm

When I spoke to Baglux on the phone initially they didn't give a discount but I button-holed them at the NEC last year and the woman on the stand said that IXXRA members do get a 10% discount.

Give them a call and keep pressing for the discount and you should be OK.
Trident
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Chuff » Mon May 03, 2004 7:51 pm

than xx guys, will see wot joy i get thru demon tweeks trade as george whites, my local robbing barstools, oops dealership wont play :bigcry:
Chuff

Postby Bristle Hound » Mon May 03, 2004 9:41 pm

Gizzit / Chuff - After abit of haggling with my local dealer - Tillstons - I got a Baglux xx tank cover & alpha bag for £80 :D
Some dealres will haggle others won't - Give it a try lads you've got nowt to lose :thumbsup)
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chuff » Mon May 03, 2004 9:51 pm

ok, lets do this the easy way, anyone who has got a discount post contact details so we can all have a go ! ! !

p.s come on taz u must know where to get them cheap :) :)
Chuff

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue May 04, 2004 11:30 am

You need to know about the ones in your area though Puff, otherwise you'll end up paying postage on top which will negate your discount :roll)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Chuff » Tue May 04, 2004 12:00 pm

not necessarily half pint, mite be in that area so could pop in............ :D
Chuff

Return to And The Survey Said....