ATS tyres..

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

ATS tyres..

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:29 pm

Picked up a small but nasty bastid nail in the rear tyre on Satdee afternoon :banghead) :banghead) Spent most of Sunday driving around the big name tyre firms (National, Kwik Fit, Charlie Brownsetc) for a repair. Many weren't open on Sunday and those that were wouldn't touch it because it was a bike tyre and they weren't insured.

Completed me enquiries on the phone on Monday AM with the 'closed on Sundays' outlets and the only ones equipped to do it were ATS. Kay took it in and it's been plugged for £10.

Whilst on the phone I asked for a quote for front and rear pair for me xx , fitted, balanced and ready and was fookin surprised when it was £2.05p more than my previous supplier who are well known to be well priced although for me, a fair way away. ATS have picked up a new customer.

Only reason I mention this is for folks who ain't got a regular tyre supplier and find themselves with a puncture- Might just save some phone time and/or travel :thumbsup)
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby jack » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Nice tip Maxx :thumbsup)

Amazing isn't it, we search high and low for the best prices, spend a fortune in telephone calls and heaven knows what in time.

Then we're over the moon when we save a fiver over the shop price round the corner :clap: crazy old world INIT :P
The Older I get the Better I Was
jack
Site Admin

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:41 pm

True Jack- but ya should have heard me cursing, spitting, swearing, slingin tools around and generally having a bloody good tantrum on Sundee afternoon. :roll) :banghead) :banghead)

Offloaded on Charlie Browns biiiiig style when he confirmed he could supply fit and balance all four tyres on a Zonda in 3 hours, but couldn't fix a puncture- Vesuvius?? Etna?? Krakatoa?? They were fookin tame I can tell ya :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still, with hindsight better they were honest about it than just 'have a go' and take the cash- so credit where it's due :clap: :clap:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Tigger » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:12 pm

cheers buddy, i let flitwick motorcycles do mine again but they scratched em big time so wont again :-? 3 large silver clamp lines on my rear :banghead)

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:15 pm

Tigger wrote:cheers buddy, i let flitwick motorcycles do mine again but they scratched em big time so wont again :-? 3 large silver clamp lines on my rear :banghead)

:bigshock) :bigshock) It's fookin war then :wink) :mrgreen:
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to And The Survey Said....