Camping with your bike

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Camping with your bike

Postby barsteward » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:25 pm

No, No! Ramo, Jono49 and any other spurious bike riders. This is not a section about gay doging on bikes :roll)

As there is a very real chance that I will have to carefully budget for the for seeable future I am seriously considering camping as a way of keeping down costs.

So, do any of you still camp whilst touring?
What are your experiences of camping?
What equipment would you recommend?
In fact anything relevant to this topic
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Re: Camping with your bike

Postby Akuji » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:34 pm

I'd recommend a Trangia stove. Light as fook, comes with 3 pans and a kettle and runs on meths so if you get a bit thirsty you're ok :mrgreen: I've had one for over 10 years and it's still as good as day one. It's actually boiling for a brew now as I type this :thumbsup)
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Akuji wrote:I'd recommend a Trangia stove. Light as fook, comes with 3 pans and a kettle and runs on meths so if you get a bit thirsty you're ok :mrgreen: I've had one for over 10 years and it's still as good as day one. It's actually boiling for a brew now as I type this :thumbsup)

Enjoy her brew :thumbsup) Oh, and will there be a "camping" version of your Alpine trip next year for pentioners :-?
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Akuji » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:53 pm

barsteward wrote:
Akuji wrote:I'd recommend a Trangia stove. Light as fook, comes with 3 pans and a kettle and runs on meths so if you get a bit thirsty you're ok :mrgreen: I've had one for over 10 years and it's still as good as day one. It's actually boiling for a brew now as I type this :thumbsup)

Enjoy her brew :thumbsup) Oh, and will there be a "camping" version of your Alpine trip next year for pentioners :-?

Always plenty of campsites about if you want to come along. Usually use a couple of cheap hotels on way over £20 a night :thumbsup)
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Still do a bit of camping on the bike Les, only when we are having a few days away tho, dont like touring and overnighting...
packing up moving on to the next one etc etc.. but if theres somewhere to go like a festival, race meeting or bash etc etc dont mind doing a bit of tenting...

took me a while to get proper sorted tho ie right tent sleeping bag etc. but Im pretty organized now and can load the bike safely.

Cant do it two up tho thats why we use B&B in Europe... Shaz lost a bit of interest on the bike now tho so a camping tour one up could be arranged :wink)

:thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?