Darkmetal in Limousine

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Darkmetal in Limousine

Postby Ladybird » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:50 am

Heard from Darkmetal an IXXRA member last year, he (Alex) and his lovely partner Lynne were creating accomodation in their house in France.

Anyway they've suceeded :clap: and are now able to offer accomodation. Their website is at:

http://www.lechardonecossais.com/index.htm

Pictures are a little slow loading....be patient..

I'll be back soon with more information from Alex.....
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby REEFER » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:05 am

are they offering a discount to ixxra members?
Lifes too short to eat cheap food!
top tip..dont enter the blackwall tunnel with 3m headroom when driving 3.02 height!!!!!!
motor home build finished 15 months later!!

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Shlink » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:06 am

webpage designed with a grant from Microsoft. Don't bother opening it with Firefox...
If assholes could fly, 10 Downing Street would be an airport.
Shlink
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Darkmetal » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:18 am

Hi, we will be offering discounts to members just get in touch with us. Sorry about the Firefox thing, but what exactly is Firefox??
This is the first time I've done anything like this so used the software I had which is Microsoft Publisher 2003. I didn't know there would be problems opening the site with something else, can you give me more details as I'd hate to think I'm reaching a hell of lot less people than I think I am!!
Just an amateur I'm afraid so all informed comments most welcome.
Lynne
P.S. Or pop over, 4 lovely rooms just waiting for guests!
Darkmetal
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Marathon Man » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:01 am

Lynne

Firefox (and Safari for that matter) is (are) a web browser which is IMHO a better alternative to Internet Explorer. Personally, as a Mac user, I don't use Explorer (too slow, outdated etc.) so I only use Safari (Mac's internet browser) or Firefox (by Mozilla).

Sadly my technical knowledge stops there as I've never written web pages myself and so can't advise what you need to do to your web page to make it friendly to other browsers (maybe using another web writing software other than Microsoft's would help - I'm not a fan of Mr Gates!), but hopefully someone else here can help out in that direction.

However, your web page does open in Safari (albeit the format isn't perfect) so I've been able to avail myself of your fab place. May be in contact soon re a stay in May or September...
Marathon Man
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Shlink » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:20 am

Hi Lynne

MM has answered your question as well as I could have. I've viewed the page using Internet Explorer and apart from pictures being slow to open (which Ladybird warned us about) it's a good site. Look forward to being your guests some time, perhaps this summer on one of our planned trips to France.

Cheers.
If assholes could fly, 10 Downing Street would be an airport.
Shlink
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Darkmetal » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:41 am

Thanks for the help guys. I'm now trying to find out what I can about Firefox etc and how difficult it is to integrate whatever the difference is into my website. I just went on Mozilla's site and had a look but it might as well have been in Chinese! Don't computer people speak english anymore?!

Will let you know if I manage to get it changed.

Looking forward to seeing some of you over here.

Lynne
Darkmetal
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby aj » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:23 am

this is were they are on a larger scale :-)

Lynne.. suggest you have a separate how to find us page.... separate it from contact us.. 8)

even if you have to have more pages... or more scrolling i also suggest your pics need to be bigger.... twice as big... :P
also better quality and more of them....it's these that will sell it :clap: :clap:

Oh.. and make sure they are saved at 72dpi before you import them into your design software :)

may pop over sometime.. 8)

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?