Morocco Bound

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Morocco Bound

Postby Chris Gale » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Am taking the "Bird" to Morocco in April for a couple of three weeks . If anyone has done this trip before would be intrested in hearing about any roads / hotels that you remember as being 8)
Likewise if anyone is thinking of having a "go" would be more then happy to swap info when i get back .
Just to let you know Speedferries knocked shed loads off our return tickets ( some sort of deal going on ) Paid £28 return :)
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Bigsteveo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Chris,

I'll dig out the info but a friend and I did 3 weeks last year on Africa Twins, I know you won't be interested in the desert sections we covered but we had plenty of great tarmac, amazing people and a bloody good laugh.

Head South as soon as pos, cross at Algeciras not Tangia if you can, a lot less hassle, though haggle down your insurance at the boarder.

I'll PM the details soon.

Steveo
If it ain't broke you're just not trying hard enough.....
Bigsteveo
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:15 pm

Bigsteveo wrote:Chris,

I'll dig out the info but a friend and I did 3 weeks last year on Africa Twins, I know you won't be interested in the desert sections we covered but we had plenty of great tarmac, amazing people and a bloody good laugh.

Head South as soon as pos, cross at Algeciras not Tangia if you can, a lot less hassle, though haggle down your insurance at the boarder.

I'll PM the details soon.

Steveo

Any pics Steve? :-)
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Bigsteveo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Tim,

As soon as I've read the 'how to upload pics' section I'll put them up or a link to an of site share thingy.....

I'll also do bit of a write up - though this was on an Africa Twin not a Bird!
If it ain't broke you're just not trying hard enough.....
Bigsteveo
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby MaXX2 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Don't care what bike you were on Steve- get the pics up pal :clap: :clap:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Chris Gale » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Well here goes :cry) made it as far as the pyrenees and my mates Bmw s steering locked on whilst going round a slow bend and threw him off , nearly taking me with him :oops) The steering lock assembly came out of the yoke? locking the bars to the right and he dropped bike onto his hand :bigcry: bike suffered a broken rear indicator but he went by Sappeur ambulance back down mountain with me trying to keep up and to hospital . Several stiches later and a ton of iodine , we went back to bike , Sappeurs lifted it into ambulance :wink) and took us to hotel . Stayed for two days to let swelling go down , then cut fingers off my spare gloves :bigcry: so they would fit his hand and we went home :P
Nice hospital , very attractive nurses and the view from where he crashed was ace !!
Next year we might make it to Spain .
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby speedfreak » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:03 pm

:bigcry: :bigcry: Fookin ace :bigcry: :clap:
Sounds like me last year :banghead) Did a 1 way trip down to spain :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Good luck for 2009
There is nothing wrong with the way I ride.

Just stay 15 feet in front or 15 feet behind. You need to be 15 feet to my left or right.

Any closer and your MINE all MINE
speedfreak
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?