Belgium

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Belgium

Postby speedfreak » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Left home at 06.30 picked up fuel and steeled down for the long blat down to Folkestone, and then it started raining looked across to Kent and the clouds are black. Five minutes later it stops.

Heading down the M20 to meet at the station and she starts to handle really weird, pull over and check that nothings loose, all is fine and of I go but she is like a damp sponge at speed. :cry)

Now behind but have to hold back on the speed phone rings at 08.20

Where are you?? Junction 10 to station 5 mins

Only xx and the last to arrive.

Touch screen with gloves not biker friendly but at least the staff are and they help us all punch the numbers in.

Quick wiz break and over to security as another group joins us and we get searched. :banghead) :banghead)

Two many bikes on the 08.17 so we have to wait. :banghead) :banghead)

Arrive in France me my Bro & nephew are at the back as we leave the train we are being shouted at to slow down. Look up the ramp and two bikes are down only half the group are here.

Still don’t know exactly what happened but we are now short a B-KING & a Triumph Triple. Both bikes can no longer be ridden so they are wheeled back to the train to go home.

We set of in pursuit of the lead group and pull into the station (designated meeting point) and

:roll)

There is no fooker there, eventually contact the group leader who say’s they missed the station and are in a lay by on the 16. Told every one to get a move on and follow the signs to the 16 and watch for the Lay by.

Pull away with my Bro & Nephew in tow as the rest of them casually get it together.

Arrive at the Lay-by with the front half. And joke as a lone biker roar’s past what if they miss us. Then we hear them pass.

We all meet at a car park in DePanne at hop on the train for food.

Ride a bike and still have to get a train

Nice View's

Depart and on to for bimble and onto a coffee stop at Verne and spot a Group of UK bikes all stopped at a crossing with a bike on the floor after a meeting with a local car Police are there and wave us on.

As we leave the coffee stop

it’s clear the lead bike aint got a Scooby as we take on two U turns and a shout is made for someone with sat nav. :banghead) :banghead)

Set off again for fuel and 8 bikes get lost, eventually all get back together and bimble of to the station. :banghead) :banghead)

Arrive at the station with yep more lost bikes. :banghead)

Everyone gets together and go’s for the bike friendly touch screen again.

Train back to the UK about 400miles and a grin.

Get back home to a Roast Turkey Dinner :mrgreen:

Well that was FUN :roll)
There is nothing wrong with the way I ride.

Just stay 15 feet in front or 15 feet behind. You need to be 15 feet to my left or right.

Any closer and your MINE all MINE
speedfreak
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Ladybird » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:43 pm

Nice rideout then? :P
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby XX-Bernie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Errrr.............so come on...............admit it..................you loved the mayhem!!!! :mrgreen:
When opportunity comes knocking on your door.......
XX-Bernie
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chris Gale » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:36 pm

Sounds like one of my guided trips to the war graves - especially when you have one bloke on a 600 who only uses top gear and wont over take , a northern bloke who cant read a map and someone who cant read large print !!! :banghead)
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby XX-Bernie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Chris Gale wrote:a northern bloke who cant read a map and someone who cant read large print !!! :banghead)

AJ and Tim then?!?!?!? :mrgreen:
When opportunity comes knocking on your door.......
XX-Bernie
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:02 pm

XX-Bernie wrote:
Chris Gale wrote:a northern bloke who cant read a map and someone who cant read large print !!! :banghead)

AJ and Tim then?!?!?!?
:mrgreen:

:twisted) fooook off.. we have garmins to lead us ashtray :roll) :P

regards :mrgreen:
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?