scotland posh hotels offers

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

scotland posh hotels offers

Postby deanorc51 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:10 pm

dunno whether this is the right section to post this, but shift it elsewhere if not.

a member on another board posted this today - and as it looks too good to miss, thought I'd pass it on :wink)

For any of you guys who fancy a trip on yer bikes to Scotland , a couple at my work have used this company ,and can highly recommend them

Look at the self-drive offers ,..the prices you see are for 2 people ,includes full Scottish breakfast and choice three course dinner .

I know the areas quite well ,some fantastic scenery and biking roads.

Prices stay roughly the same ,even in Summer ,but only problem is you cant book more than a month or two in advance.

http://www.lochsandglens.com/selfdrivepax.asp

Excellent value im sure you'll agree
"I told you once" (john cleese, python 'argument' sketch)
deanorc51
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: scotland posh hotels offers

Postby aj » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 pm

nice find meandorks... some super locations :clap: :ride) :notworthy)

but couldn't find a tarrif sheet... http://www.lochsandglens.com/sitemap.asp

assume you have to enquire :-? or send for a brochure 8)

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby deanorc51 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 pm

hmmm well I've just hit the 'number of rooms' / selected 'one' / then that brings up the cost per room at the various hotels for 3 or 4 nights (didn't see any mention of 'inc breakfast' or 3 course meal - but then I already thought he'd got that bit wrong cos I'd expect to pay £50 for 2 evening meals in those establishments anyway :mrgreen: ) only shows tarriffs 2 months ahead it seems too :-?
worth a phonecall for clarification though I think cos they're luxurious looking hotels in fabulous locations, and according to the original poster, biker friendly 8)

. . . don't shoot the messenger tho lol
"I told you once" (john cleese, python 'argument' sketch)
deanorc51
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby aj » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:44 pm

deanorc51 wrote:

. . . don't shoot the messenger tho lol

:-? .. no weapon here 8) ..in any case you would be quite safe... i need me glasses changin lol

aj

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby casbiker » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:31 pm

hello everyone, first post so go easy. Ive done Scotland a few times (2 more weeks sorted for this year as well) the wife and i just pack up and head north, not much more planning than that. Plenty of places to stay BB, stunning scenery and roads. A must is Loch Carron, (west side, just north of Skye) a biker friendly pub at the Lochs side, then onto the Applecross run...superb...fellow Blackbirders, you will not be dissapointed. Just do it.
casbiker
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby aj » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:09 am

casbiker wrote:hello everyone, first post so go easy. Ive done Scotland a few times (2 more weeks sorted for this year as well) the wife and i just pack up and head north, not much more planning than that. Plenty of places to stay BB, stunning scenery and roads. A must is Loch Carron, (west side, just north of Skye) a biker friendly pub at the Lochs side, then onto the Applecross run...superb...fellow Blackbirders, you will not be dissapointed. Just do it.

hi razstriker.. pop into new members section and tell us all about yerself and yer xx :clap: :clap:
would love to chat with you about scotland 8) .. but not here :P

aj

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TRIPPO » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:16 am

Hi Casbiker welcome to the Ixxra nuthouse xx xx xx Nice post about bonnie jockland, (im allowed to say that bein a sweaty sock myself) :D you jumped the gun slightly :-? wat you need to do is introduce ya self first ya numpty in the new members posts, xx xx xx some of the other peeps will give you nice big Ixxra welcome just a few questions about ur self :D :D :D wat bird u ride, best bet is to say its blue there the fastest, the pooft pink are the slowest lol lol lol Oh and watch out for aj rofl rofl rofl

Regards

john
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Postby Tim » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:47 pm

casbiker wrote:hello everyone, first post so go easy. Ive done Scotland a few times (2 more weeks sorted for this year as well) the wife and i just pack up and head north, not much more planning than that. Plenty of places to stay BB, stunning scenery and roads. A must is Loch Carron, (west side, just north of Skye) a biker friendly pub at the Lochs side, then onto the Applecross run...superb...fellow Blackbirders, you will not be dissapointed. Just do it.

Hiya casbiker...like ya style mate.... :clap: :ride) ..and while we're at it, a big hello from me here is as good as anywhere else on the Forum.
:rockon) .Take no notice of some anal retentives that gently try and "tell suggest" that you only post in relevant Sections after ya very first post FFS's, otherwise the poor fooks wont be able to sleep easy screwy ....can't be doing with grown ups telling me what to post where on the Internet of all fookin places, quoting decency in very small print so I'm told... lol lol ...fook um :wink) .

Have a look at the Travelogue Section....Extremist posted a ride up Applecross way last year....worth a read... :rockon)

...Oh yea...and whilst we're on the subject of Posh Hotels....

Image....this aint one is it?

and this defo aint one...

Tim
Site Admin

Postby barsteward » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Tim wrote:

Hiya casbiker...like ya style mate.... :clap: :ride) ..and while we're at it, a big hello from me here is as good as anywhere else on the Forum.
:rockon) .Take no notice of some anal retentives that gently try and "tell suggest" that you only post in relevant Sections after ya very first post FFS's, otherwise the poor fooks wont be able to sleep easy screwy ....can't be doing with grown ups telling me what to post where on the Internet of all fookin places, quoting decency in very small print so I'm told... lol lol ...fook um :wink) .

Have a look at the Travelogue Section....Extremist posted a ride up Applecross way last year....worth a read... :rockon)

...Oh yea...and whilst we're on the subject of Posh Hotels....

Image....this aint one is it?

and this defo aint one...

A big welcome from me too, take no notice of AJ he's having trouble with his cafiter today. ( he always gets grumpy when it's his carers day off) :D
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby casbiker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:27 pm

Cheers everyone for the replies (even bj) off to look for the right place for my comments now, see you all soon. lol
casbiker
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby aj » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:33 pm

casbiker wrote:Cheers everyone for the replies (even bj) off to look for the right place for my comments now, see you all soon. lol

ah... decency and respect for the forum prevails :rolleyes: ...well thought out wazstriker :clap: :clap:

aj

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?