Lake District

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Lake District

Postby Oldbull » Tue May 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry if its been done to death fellas but sad to say I/ we have never done the lake district even tho its only two n a bit hours from us :oops)

going up for a couple of nights this weekend .. looking for a nice BnB / hotel etc etc must see places etc .. you know the drill 8)

anyone want to join us ??/ :ride) :ride)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Lake District

Postby Rolfy Dave » Thu May 28, 2009 10:18 pm

I wish mate....

If it were the next weekend, we could probably have done it, but not this weekend (gotta take Richards xx to Taffys for some paintwork on Satdy) then maybe a ride into Wales on the Sunday...

Have a great weekend mate.

Safe rididng

Rolfy & Jan
A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city
Nearly an ex-biker again
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 pm

Hi ya Rolfy ..

would have been nice if you could have made it pal, Shaz cannot get weekends off like she used to so we have to go when we can...

had a bit of a play and Ive sorted a nice run up there over the snake pass, going to go to Windermere to start with as Ive found a few B&B's on the bike friendly site and go from there .. not booked anything just going on spec and see what happens :ride)

http://www.bike-stay.net/index.html

hopefully we will get a rideout with you and Jan again soon mate, trying for the sheepfest this year so fingers crossed...

Ill post up how we get on..

see ya soon, take care pal

Dave
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Rolfy Dave » Fri May 29, 2009 8:40 pm

If ya manage to get there, go to the Bluebird cafe at Coniston, then take Sharon on the Gondola for a nice cruise round the lake...
Single cylinder steam engine. Its so finely balanced, you can stand a 50p piece up on it and it just stays there... :notworthy)

Also, the steam boat museum at Bowness on windemere does a lovely trip on lake windemere with a nice cuppa made from boiler water with biccies (very civilised)

Snake pass & I think its called hardstone pass is wonderful...

Sorry, forgot to add... Do Bowness town on Saturday night... Wonderful atmosphere, and its where the locals go to get away form the tourists in Windemere... Try to find Tony Knowles (the snooker player) pub... Its down Church street nearly opposite the Windemere yacht club entrance...Its a nice place with slate floors & friendly staff, and good beer :clap:

Have a great weekend.

Ride safe,

Rolfy
A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city
Nearly an ex-biker again
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

hello everybody

Postby cream836 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Can post pictures of your wigs here. They can be lace wigs, lace front wigs, synthetic wigs or custom lace wigs. Show us what your working with.
cream836

Re: hello everybody

Postby Tim » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:49 pm

cream836 wrote:Can post pictures of your wigs here. They can be lace wigs, lace front wigs, synthetic wigs or custom lace wigs. Show us what your working with.

aj......pic of ya wig please.... :mrgreen:
Tim
Site Admin

Re: hello everybody

Postby aj » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Tim wrote:
cream836 wrote:Can post pictures of your wigs here. They can be lace wigs, lace front wigs, synthetic wigs or custom lace wigs. Show us what your working with.

aj......pic of ya wig please.... :mrgreen:

you never gave it me back yer nastid... lol

regards :mrgreen:
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?