Givi V Kappa

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Givi V Kappa

Postby drrummer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Okay folks.

I have narrowed it down like this. I have four groups of luggage which im considering.

One is the Givi stuff. This is split in two:

(A) the flashy looking boxes at 55 and 41 ltrs costing £823.83
(B) or the more mundance stuff at 45 and 36 ltrs costing £626.50.

Alternatively there is the Kappa stuff. Split the same way there is:

(C) the flashy looking boxes at 53 and 33 ltrs costing £686.57
(D) or the more mundane stuff at 44 and 44 ltrs costing £523.87

What do people think ?

I think whether you take either the Givi or the Kappa stuff I think the extra £197.33 or the extra £162.70 is worth it for the extra size alone, not to mention having better looking boxes. Although, my only concern is that smaller boxes would be better on the bike.

The other question is; whether I decide to go for the small and mundane or the large and flashy boxes, is it worth spending the extra £137.26 or £102.63 respectively for the Givi over the Kappa. Is Givi worth the much extra money ?

From what I know both brand offer the same products.

On a side note, the prices I got were from http://www.hard-motorcycle-luggage.co.uk/ for the Givi and they are charging £59.00 for delivery. Whereas for the Kappa stuff I got prices from http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/ who are chargin £23.19 for delivery. Any reason why this is when both firms are sending very similar consignments ?
drrummer
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Re: Givi V Kappa

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 pm

drrummer wrote:Okay folks.

I have narrowed it down like this. I have four groups of luggage which im considering.

One is the Givi stuff. This is split in two:

(A) the flashy looking boxes at 55 and 41 ltrs costing £823.83
(B) or the more mundance stuff at 45 and 36 ltrs costing £626.50.

Alternatively there is the Kappa stuff. Split the same way there is:

(C) the flashy looking boxes at 53 and 33 ltrs costing £686.57
(D) or the more mundane stuff at 44 and 44 ltrs costing £523.87

What do people think ?

I think whether you take either the Givi or the Kappa stuff I think the extra £197.33 or the extra £162.70 is worth it for the extra size alone, not to mention having better looking boxes. Although, my only concern is that smaller boxes would be better on the bike.

The other question is; whether I decide to go for the small and mundane or the large and flashy boxes, is it worth spending the extra £137.26 or £102.63 respectively for the Givi over the Kappa. Is Givi worth the much extra money ?

From what I know both brand offer the same products.

On a side note, the prices I got were from http://www.hard-motorcycle-luggage.co.uk/ for the Givi and they are charging £59.00 for delivery. Whereas for the Kappa stuff I got prices from http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/ who are chargin £23.19 for delivery. Any reason why this is when both firms are sending very similar consignments ?

QED- you don't need us pal
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby drrummer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm

I do mate - im wondering if the Givi stuff is that much better than the Kappa stuff.
drrummer
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby aj » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:43 pm

drrummer wrote:I do mate - im wondering if the Givi stuff is that much better than the Kappa stuff.

kappa was givi's daughter...now you wouldn't like to give the old man 1 would you.. :P :P :-?

no... course not... but his loaf has breeding experience.. 8) :roll) :rolleyes: ...confusus said.... onest :-?

or was it that French footballer ... hummm.. screwy

regards
aj lol

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 pm

I said this before, but maybe it was bypassed-I have a GIVI WINGRACK 2 (because it's made of metal and NOT wobbly plastic like the cheaper Kappa version) and I have Kappa boxes coz they're cheaper and just as good at keeping things dry. To my eyes ALL bolt on scaffolding based cases look utterly crap and I use them for a purpose and then remove them when I get home.

Again- it's entirely up to you whether the "better looking" Givi coffins are worth the extra money, but they won't keep yer kit any drier for it.

In summary therefore--- yes the Givi Wingrack is better quality than the Kappa rack and No, the Givi boxes don't keep your kit or drier or safer than the Givi boxes.
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby psyconet » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:09 pm

MaXX2 wrote:I said this before, but maybe it was bypassed-I have a GIVI WINGRACK 2 (because it's made of metal and NOT wobbly plastic like the cheaper Kappa version) and I have Kappa boxes coz they're cheaper and just as good at keeping things dry. To my eyes ALL bolt on scaffolding based cases look utterly crap and I use them for a purpose and then remove them when I get home.

Again- it's entirely up to you whether the "better looking" Givi coffins are worth the extra money, but they won't keep yer kit any drier for it.

In summary therefore--- yes the Givi Wingrack is better quality than the Kappa rack and No, the Givi boxes don't keep your kit or drier or safer than the Givi boxes.

losing it a bit at the end there maxie lol lol
BLACK is the original black

REAL MEN:-
Ride a XX
Have a beard
And make their own dresses
psyconet
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 pm

psyconet wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:I said this before, but maybe it was bypassed-I have a GIVI WINGRACK 2 (because it's made of metal and NOT wobbly plastic like the cheaper Kappa version) and I have Kappa boxes coz they're cheaper and just as good at keeping things dry. To my eyes ALL bolt on scaffolding based cases look utterly crap and I use them for a purpose and then remove them when I get home.

psyconet wrote:

Model of ferkin restraint me pal :D :D
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby drrummer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:19 pm

How do i know the Givi Wingrack 2 ? What's the model number ?
drrummer
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?