Eurotour 2012

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Eurotour 2012

Postby Kempy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Eurotour 2012
Hi All,

Myself and a couple of mates are off to Europe (for the first time on bikes) this summer and we are getting the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. From the minute we get off the ferry we have 6 days to be back in Amsterdam.

We are planning to nail it down to Munich in one go, Google is saying 8 or 9 hours to do 500 miles. Has anyone done this journey or do you reckon that is too much?

We then plan to spend 4 days in Austria, Dolomites, N Italy before having one more massive day back to the ferry in Amsterdam.

If anyone has done a similar trip, do you have any suggestions of places we have to go to or is this too much for 6 days. Any help appreciated

Cheers

Kempy
Kempy
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Re: Eurotour 2012

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Hiya Kempy.

Too many suggestions could be made so I aint getting involved :wink)

Regarding the mileage. very doable to say ya going to be on the Autobahns. If it was m I'd set my stall out and do 100 mile stints with a short "fag break". You'll stay fresh that way and will piss it. DO NOT allow any clever coont who's obsessed with leading and being in control to con you with " I know a quicker route that's more fun"...Just get off the ferry and get ya heads down. Fuel up before you get on the ferry in the UK, then ya not looking and stopping for fuel after just starting off from the ferry in Amsterdam.

Enjoy and bring us a story and pics back. Have a safe one. :ride)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Walk in the park on Euro roads Kempy. As Murph says with breaks, but I might stretch them out to 130 mile intervals and use them to fuel up at the same time. To be honest you'll be there before you know it with the hard part being staying awake on the Autobahns and A roads :thumbsup)
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Kempy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Cheers.

I just want to get to the south of Germany ASAP. Then we can have 4 full days in the alps.

Cannot wait!!
Kempy
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?