Stuff To Take With You

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Postby Geordie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:05 pm

nowt wrong with camping, errm thats in a tent sort of camping, got arthritis myself so i just make sure i have a decent matress and have found it comfortable enough, when we go away we have a couple of nights in a b&b just for a "proper" bed for a couple of nights but the rest of the time its in the tent, as long as your on a proper site then they have all the facilites you need (bar and bog).
but i suppose its your own preference

Andy
Geordie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Akuji » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:55 pm

seems a waste of precious biking time having to put up yer tent :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Camping!

Postby Rolfy Dave » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 pm

duncan wrote:one and the same Tim ,one and the same

Ahem Ahem Ahem!!!!!!!!!! :redcard

I resemble that remark... :smackbutt

LOL

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

AA breakdown

Postby ROVERT57 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:08 pm

just recieved the euro breakdown cover from the aa and I notice that they will not /cannot recover you from the french motorway's or m/way sevices as they are privatly run
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby tonywright » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:21 am

I was with national breakdown and my car was recovered from the french motorway when the back brake pads fell out. this was about ten years ago though.

tony
tonywright
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Re: Stuff To Take With You

Postby dufus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Zip ties..great for most things but especially using it as a lock when holding your front brake on either on the ferry or campsite

cheap pair of those unlined waterprrof trousers, spare pair of gloves, unlined waterproof suit, plenty of pairs of socks, ipod (helps when your mate blabs on for hours about how he did nurburgring 4 times so far but you know he hasn't)
plenty of ear plugs..tinnitus isn't nice, camera to record those embarrasing momments

but most importantly take a good sense of humour, some mates of a like mind and a wish to have the best of times
dufus
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Tim » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:58 pm

dufus wrote:Zip ties..great for most things but especially using it as a lock when holding your front brake on either on the ferry or campsite

..and a Stanley knife to cut the fooka off?...better a bootlace :mrgreen: ..just the one

dufus wrote:cheap pair of those unlined waterprrof trousers, spare pair of gloves, unlined waterproof suit, plenty of pairs of socks, ipod (helps when your mate blabs on for hours about how he did nurburgring 4 times so far but you know he hasn't)
plenty of ear plugs..tinnitus isn't nice

"plenty" pairs of socks?...I know this thread goes wayyy back and at some stage it was decided ( I think) to get rid of the trailer and minimise "Stuff to take with you"...So shouldn't it be just a spare pair ?...and keep hand washing them as you go. As for the ipod...hmmm...O.K. 'til the fookin battery runs out...so you take a USB cable and a 3 pin plug adapter :-? ...more space used. Got an ipod but prefer on the rare occasion I do travel, to use a small Creative Zen 1Gb mp3 player...1 small pencil (AAA) battery lasts fookin ages and you can always nick a pack from any garage anywhere.

As for ear plugs ..I'm afraid they will be no fookin help whatsoever if ya got tinnitus...fook all you can do about tinnitus except get pissed to take your mind off it chap.... :wink)

Hope ya having a good time out in Sturgis matey and haven't fallen prey to them Rufty Tufty Harley Boyz...... :rockon)

dufus wrote:but most importantly take a good sense of humour, some mates of a like mind and a wish to have the best of times
... :clap: :clap: :notworthy) ...got to agree..sense of humour takes up no room whatsoever... lol
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tigger » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:32 pm

Tim wrote: ...got to agree..sense of humour takes up no room whatsoever... lol

Wanna buy 1 then? :twisted) :evil) :twisted)

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby dufus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 am

Tim trust me..plenty of people have noticed you have very few changes in the sock department :toilet:

on the pod I use a freeloader solar charger but would reccomend a geurilla one

as to the harley boys..they are older than me and being the only Englishman in the village is a popular thing..but I keep returning home shitfaced..at least I thought it was home on a few occasions..much to my neighbours annoyance :oops)
dufus
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:51 pm

dufus wrote:Tim trust me..plenty of people have noticed you have very few changes in the sock department :toilet:

on the pod I use a freeloader solar charger but would reccomend a geurilla one

as to the harley boys..they are older than me and being the only Englishman in the village is a popular thing..but I keep returning home shitfaced..at least I thought it was home on a few occasions..much to my neighbours annoyance :oops)

....ahhhhaaa...they are just "softening" you up for the Hog "roast".....pass that pillow you little squealer you.... :evil)

lol
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tigger » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Well, do ya timmmyfee? :D

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jezza » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:11 pm

..zip ties also very useful
jezza
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby jezza » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:16 pm

....oops already suggested..oh, make sure you got plenty of life left in your tyre...just back from spain where our mate had to get a new rear...265 euros later..still getting over the shock
jezza
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:05 pm

jezza wrote:....oops already suggested..oh, make sure you got plenty of life left in your tyre...just back from spain where our mate had to get a new rear...265 euros later..still getting over the shock

Now come on jezza. Surely that goes without saying, unless ya a Bog Dweller :wink)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jezza » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Dont mention Bogs Mr Murphy, as my brothers back home are fighting to keep the family plot on our local bog as them wankers in EUROPE have declared it a rising bog or some such tree hugger shite..anyway means no more trurf sods for the family arga..just had update last night after our lot got thumped 3-1, the police[Garda] showed up and as far as their concerned nothing illegal was happening..anyway sore subject
jezza
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Previous

Return to Touring with your Bird?