Yank in London

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Yank in London

Postby dano » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:54 am

Wish i could bring the bird. Not gonna happen on this trip. I'm gonna be in London area last week of June, first week July. Family trip. Any suggestions on a decent place to stay that's close to the tourist stuff and not real expensive? Gonna be three of us. Daughter wants to check out Cambridge University.

Thanx

Dan
dano
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:17 am

When I go to London I deliberately stay away from the tourist places, and it also depends on whether or not I'm paying the bill for the hotel. Have a look at http://www.laterooms.com there can be some pretty good deals closer to the time (usually cancellations) or you could try the Ibis hotel chain - they cost about £65 per room I think and it's only a short bus/tube journey into town. I'm not from darn sarf so I can't offer much more information, but no doubt a few of the suvvnas will help you out a bit more. Have fun over here, but remember that we aren't all the same as the southerners :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby duncan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:22 pm

when you get to london find one of our delightful english bobbies {policemen} push him over and kick his pointed hat this will get you a FREE stay of at least two weeks :clap:
duncan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Shadrack » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:51 pm

duncan wrote:when you get to london find one of our delightful english bobbies {policemen} push him over and kick his pointed hat this will get you a FREE stay of at least two weeks :clap:

Unless your Albanian, in which case it'll get you a five bedroomed appartment
Shadrack

Postby REEFER » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:36 pm

if you want to save money by staying out of central london but can hop on a train and be there in 10 mins then there is an ibis hotel at docklands and the docklands light rail staion is just across the road from the hotel
if you want a top notch 4 or 5 star hotel with all the trimmings then the ibis is not for you but it will cost a lot more for 3 of you
check out there website
i work across the road from it and can get hold of loads of places to visit leaflets as i work at the railway control centre
be warned about london atraction prices tho..you wont get in many top attractions for much under £100 for the three of you
Lifes too short to eat cheap food!
top tip..dont enter the blackwall tunnel with 3m headroom when driving 3.02 height!!!!!!
motor home build finished 15 months later!!

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lauried » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:50 pm

it is also traditional when using a black taxi cab to pass your shoes through to the driver who will be more than happy to polish them for you
lauried
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:43 pm

have a nice sunday roast :clap: or email me and we can meet up iam not fare from london
BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOLE
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?