ligher socket

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

ligher socket

Postby ROVERT57 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:18 pm

I think i read somwhere on this sitw about hooking up a lighter/accessory socket so you can recharge phones run small devices of the bikes battery,they all said to hard wire this device into the bikes harness but could you just attach the + & - leads to the battery terminals
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Tigger » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:12 am

dont see why not. honda fitted my bro`s that way. you must remember that its always live an will draw current even if minimal. it must be smallest poss fuse so it will blown as soon as any problems occur. even though the socket may be sound, the attached item can develope faults at any time so be safe mate. err on the side of caution. :mrgreen:

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:15 am

If you have a hunt around on the forum you should find a post by Shuggie who had a watterproof version fitted I think :wink)
TazCBR1100XX

LIGHTER SOCKET

Postby ROVERT57 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:16 am

Dose the inline fuse go on the positive lead and what size fuse should I put in
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby numb bits » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:21 pm

Yes it does and i would use the smallest rating you can get, 10amp would be ok,this would cover the use of hairdryer's etc lol.. :mrgreen:
numb bits

Postby jack » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Yep, and on mine it works fine, even used it to blow up 4 airbeds this weekend...sorted :wink)

fook that pumping lark.. eh Dave :mrgreen:
jack

Postby numb bits » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:02 pm

To right mate, wait till we get the furniture to take with us lol,then it'll be earning it's brass.. :wink) :wink)
numb bits

Postby Shadrack » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:26 pm

All very good but when buying a bike it's ability to blow up lilo's, dry my hair, or cook a Sunday dinner for 4 is well down my list of requirements :mrgreen:
Shadrack

Postby numb bits » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:29 pm

Tis true paul, everyone to there own,anyone can rough it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
numb bits

Postby Tigger » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:08 am

Shadrack wrote:All very good but when buying a bike it's ability to blow up lilo's, dry my hair, or cook a Sunday dinner for 4 is well down my list of requirements :mrgreen:

dont take this the wrong way mate, you need more mates then, less than 4 is not a lot :mrgreen:

devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Shadrack » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:22 am

Tigger wrote:
Shadrack wrote:All very good but when buying a bike it's ability to blow up lilo's, dry my hair, or cook a Sunday dinner for 4 is well down my list of requirements :mrgreen:

dont take this the wrong way mate, you need more mates then, less than 4 is not a lot :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm pretty good at making enemies, but I'm a fookin amature compared to you.
Shadrack

Postby Tigger » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:28 pm

Shadrack wrote:
Tigger wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty good at making enemies, but I'm a fookin amature compared to you.
:clap:

devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lexx » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:06 am

Something like this? Plugs into an optimate socket that is connected by an inline fused lead to the battery. I made this up 'cos I didn't want to cut holes in the xx . It sits snuggly under the seat, powers sat nav and anything else - even used it to blow up an air bed.

Lexx
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?