B&B in France

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

B&B in France

Postby Ladybird » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:53 pm

Hi

We are members of IXXRA, who will be opening a motorcycle guest house in the Limousin area of France, offering B & B plus guided tours of the region (opening date 1st April 2006). We were wondering if you would be prepared to have a link on your site for our guest house and of course we are more than happy to have you linked on ours.

Our website is http://www.thewishingwellguesthouse.com this will be up and running by next week.

Please advise if any further information is required?

Kind Regards
Riccardo Biguzzi & Karen Shingleton
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby jack » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:47 pm

Not casting aspersions or owt but the trouble with most 'Brit' used to be or still are bikers that open BBs in France, is that they also charge Brit prices, not all of them 'But' lets just say 'A good few'

But then again you can't beat local knowledge if your going to tour a region and stay at just one place, never really interesetd me, I like to get the miles in and see as much as possible.
The Older I get the Better I Was
jack
Site Admin

Postby REEFER » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:12 pm

jack..
do you really find you get to see a lot though?
i find you get the odd good view that takes your breath away kinda thing or you get to have a nose about when having a break for lunch etc but most of the time its just road and watching where im going
went round a bend in the mountins in the south of france only to be confronted by a huge hydrulic hose about 3" diameter and in a coil of about 9ft across the road that must have fallen off a lorry..its bits like that im always on the look out for :roll)
Lifes too short to eat cheap food!
top tip..dont enter the blackwall tunnel with 3m headroom when driving 3.02 height!!!!!!
motor home build finished 15 months later!!

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:28 pm

jack wrote:Not casting aspersions or owt but the trouble with most 'Brit' used to be or still are bikers that open BBs in France, is that they also charge Brit prices, not all of them 'But' lets just say 'A good few'

But then again you can't beat local knowledge if your going to tour a region and stay at just one place, never really interesetd me, I like to get the miles in and see as much as possible.

Well it initially sounds good to me ...good luck in your venture Riccardo and Karen...get that website up and running ASAP :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tim
Site Admin

Postby jack » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:59 pm

Reefer, I suppose your right, you do get to see more if you stay in one area, obviously you have more time to explore but then again 2/300 mile a day is'nt exactly 'Tearing it up' and it suits my kind of holiday.

Over a couple of weeks I'll cover 2500 to 3000 miles and when I find summert I like, I stay for a while, then move on, that way I get to see those breathtaking scenes most days and you get to have a good drink on a night in some great towns and city's.

Tim, I also wish them well with there venture, but I do find it a lttle puzzling that you pay for a room on the continent but per person in the UK and most of the peeps that set up these ventures charge according to UK.
jack
Site Admin

Postby REEFER » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:18 pm

thing i found about staying with brits in le-frog was they served up good old "english" food..egg chips sausages bread and butter..bottle of wine :roll) then charged it like a 3 course ala carte french meal because we were stuck in the middle of nowere..and it was "you want beer too" here ya go have a crate..we will chuck it on the bill..(at a huge profit)
however having said that i also stayed at a ski hotel in andorra run by 2 english women and the prices were cheap and the food was english...well cooked and fantastic value for money..breakfast was just about everything you can imagine..will be staying there again no doubt :)
top tip..dont enter the blackwall tunnel with 3m headroom when driving 3.02 height!!!!!!

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jack » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:34 pm

WOW, you don't have that addy for the Andorra dream have ya Reefer, sounds great!

I've stayed in/on the most beautiful campsite in europe, in Andorra and if your lucky there's also 'Log cabins' on site if there's any free but gotto say Andorra aint the cheapest place you can stay :|
jack
Site Admin

Postby Tigger too » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:34 am

on the up side, if they speak the lingo, know the locals, they can be very helpfull/usefull too, esp if you need some auto parts etc. worth a few extra pennys for the pain relief? :-?
Tigger too
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

interesting comments

Postby ricky Riccardo » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:31 pm

nice to here everyone's comments. but let me paint a brighter picture.
and add some useful info

yes i do speak french and italian,

no Typical english prices here just check out our website or speak to Mandy and Deano for more info

as a biker of 20 years who spent more time in europe than england and got fed up with the norm. so i'm putting my international touring experience with italian and french catering experience to some good use and hopefully to help everyone else enjoy the benefits of touring, with peace of mind ( sorry i know this sounds like a advertising piece) but like everyone else i like to ride my bike as much as possible, on roads to die for, in nice climate, good food and visit something more than the local
bike meeting place. mind you thats not to say idon't miss all our friends at Box hill or Bury hill or the brilliant breakie at Ogre's cafe. still it gives me a good reason to come back once in a while.

the main thing is Ride Ride Ride and smile away
ricky Riccardo
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby REEFER » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:05 am

jack.... it was about £25 for hb and dinner was £7 but proper size portions and 2nd,s if needed :oops) they own 2 gaffs one being self catering and quiet posh and the ski lodge where i stayed at
its right at the end of the road so no noise and most peeps have no reason to go up there but there are a few shops and a net cafe :oops) etc if you wanna go any further up the mountain its climbing boots lol, you can ask for the room at the front with the balconey and park your bike right underneith it...ill dig up a url and report back :mrgreen:

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby REEFER » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:13 am

http://arinsal.com/hmicolau/
there you go :mrgreen:
actully it might have been £25 full board..not sure now
only down point is im 6'4" and came away with a few nasty bumps :bigcry: so unless your a midget remember to keep ducking through door ways :mrgreen:
they have a nice cosy bar too..and if you get a chance to shag the girl at the rent a car place across the road..i can highly reccomend her :mrgreen:
dont worry about the shut for the summer notice..give them a email and they should open it up for you..you get to have the run of the gaff maybe with just a couple of other guests

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jack » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 pm

Cheers Reefer, Got it in my bookmarks, will try to give it a try next year. Andorra is such a great place to ride to.

As for the girl at the rent a car, due to the outbreak of Aids I no longer 'Kiss arse' and only have sex with my ISP but 'Hey' if she's got 3 mins to spare, ya never know.
jack
Site Admin

Postby Ladybird » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:50 pm

Excellent very informative website Ricky......like it :thumbsup)
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby Ladybird » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:59 pm

This is an excellent deal offered by the wishing well - particularly for touring novices

Package Options & Prices

The Heart of France (Massif Central) 7 day / 6 night
From £299 (€430.00) per person regularly. From April to September
Included in the Price:-
7days and 6 nights Bed & Breakfast,
Return ferry crossing Portsmouth- Caen / Le Harve, Dover-Calais/Boulogne (a slight surcharge may be applied subject to seasonal fluctuations).
3 evening meals at the Wishing Well (set 3 course meal including food & drink)
3 guided ride-outs, (See itinerary)
2 free days + explore yourself or we can plan with you, (inclusive of maps, road routes & itineries). We can offer a variety of alternative activities at Preferential Guest prices (additional charges accordingly).
Travel Pack (including Maps & Route Plans to the Wishing Well, suggested food, fuel & rest stops, riding In France guide).
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby Hawk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:49 am

So they'll wheel the rent a girl out if I e mail them? :P
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Speedy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:45 pm

Hawk wrote:So they'll wheel the rent a girl out if I e mail them? :P

But that would only last till she met you, mate.

Happy New Year, Hawkman.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. But so was yesterday, and look how you messed that up.
Speedy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?