SEATS AGAIN

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

SEATS AGAIN

Postby ROVERT57 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:57 pm

Whitch is best gelpads or memory foam
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: SEATS AGAIN

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:26 pm

ROVERT57 wrote:Whitch is best gelpads or memory foam

err I can't remember........................ :D :D :D :D
Tim
Site Admin

Postby barsteward » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:34 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D @Tim
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:50 pm

Rover...you've not been happy with your arse for a long time now have you :smackbutt .....it's a long time to be unhappy with ones arse is that !
I am happy with my arse , I am, but if I was as unhappy with my arse as you seem to be unhappy with your arse , then I would have took a gamble on one of the choices, gel or foam, a long time ago, to ensure my happy arse returned as soon as possible.... :mrgreen: :D
Tim
Site Admin

arse's

Postby ROVERT57 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:15 am

Thats a lot of arse's in on sentence. I just thought I would get the opinion of people befor shelling out the thick end of 300 quid
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: arse's

Postby Tigger » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:56 pm

ROVERT57 wrote:Thats a lot of arse's in on sentence. I just thought I would get the opinion of people befor shelling out the thick end of 300 quid

he has a fixation with sheep too i am told :twisted)
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

viper seat

Postby ROVERT57 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:53 pm

got a viper seat and although I've only done about an 80 mile none stop ride on it there's no sign of the dreaded arse ache more testing to be done soon .
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby REEFER » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:05 pm

i havent tried one myself ..but..i have heard that the gel pads get very hot in the sun..so in the summer it can be a problem if you park up for a while then try to re mount the steed..but wait for others to reply who may have better info
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

viper seat

Postby ROVERT57 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:12 am

I have not got the gel pads I think it's just the memory foam or maybe just a more comfotable foam but its miles better than the sandard seat anyway.
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby barsteward » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Does anyone know where the Gel Pads can be purchased?.......I would like to have Tony Archer recover the seat and fit them.
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Tim » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:53 pm

barsteward wrote:Does anyone know where the Gel Pads can be purchased?.......I would like to have Tony Archer recover the seat and fit them.

Numbits knows a man I think....sure he mentioned it t'other week at Squires. Did have Memory Foam but he's forgotten where he put it...

yea O.K......hat............coat.....
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Ladybird » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:26 pm

I'm not too sure Rovert, whether gel pads are always the answer. Personally I love the standard seat.....when touring I've got a sore butt for the first day, but when the ass becomes touring hardened, I could ride all day on the standard seat....no matter how far.

Deano (my better half), now he's always had a dislike for the standard seat....and so when the opportunity rose last year to purchase a second hand corbin, he snapped the sellers hand off.....he found the change of seating position strange to begin with and wasn't 100% convinced he'd made the right move....but now finds he has no discomfort on the longer rides...and would swear by his Corbin. It's a shame that seats are so bloody expensive....as I feel sometimes we may jump out of the frying pan and into the fire...with our choices. I know there are several suppliers out there who will recover and add gel pads....I'll be interested to hear also from anyone who's had the gel inserts.....do they do the business?

:P
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

SEATS

Postby ROVERT57 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:25 pm

I know what your saying about getting yor self accustomed to the bikes seat and as I was off the road for almost a year I thought that I might have just got out of the habit of riding , but the thought of setting off to europe on the standard seat and finding on the way down to dover that the seat was killing me was not a good thought, so I bit the bullet and bought a seat and from the first impression it does feel better .
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?