Buell pegs

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Buell pegs

Postby vlad » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:04 am

Just wanted to let you know that I visited my area Buell dealer today. Two hundred thirty miles round trip. I picked up two sets of lower Buell pegs to replace the Honda originals. While there, I discovered the new model called "Ulysses" has rear pegs that may be even more appropriate for the XX pillion. I should have ordered a set immediately, but it took the trip home to visualize them on XX. These pegs are also lowered but provide more surface area which may help to keep boots off the mufflers. I will write a post if they prove successful.

Thanks for all your help,
Vlad
vlad
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Buell pegs

Postby vlad » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:44 am

Sorry to report that the result of fitting the BUELL pegs did not prove very successful. Unfortunately I had to remove quite a bit of material from the top of the Buell peg to make it fit into the frame of the '02 Bird. Not enough to be dangerous, but more than I thought prudent. I also had to remove material from the corner of the peg to prevent chafing on the rear brake lever. The end result was not aestheticly pleasing and the quality of the Buell casting leaves much to be desired.

I've posted a question regarding manufacture of high quality machined pegs, to see if there is enough interest to Bird riders for this kind of product. Please let me know if you are intrested in that or any other improvement to the Bird that can be CNC manufactured.

Vlad
vlad
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby ROVERT57 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:43 pm

any piccies of the buel pegs ,just to show us what they look like when fitted
ROVERT57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby REEFER » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:10 pm

dunno if you are on about the front or rear pegs on the bird but i have fitted them on the front with no problems..you do need to grind off the sticky out bit on the side stand which in no way weakens the stand itself and you do need to grind off the corners of the buell peg..again this doesnt cause a weakness problem either..know a few other who have done the same with the same good results :)
ill take a pic tomorrow and post up :)
Lifes too short to eat cheap food!
top tip..dont enter the blackwall tunnel with 3m headroom when driving 3.02 height!!!!!!
motor home build finished 15 months later!!

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?