Custom Lowered CNC Pegs For Bird

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Custom Lowered CNC Pegs For Bird

Postby vlad » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:32 am

Hi,

I'm trying to determine if there is sufficient interest in aftermarket lower foot pegs for the Bird. I would like to produce a run of high quality driver and pillion pegs that would provide more comfort to both. If there is sufficient interest I will try to get the project completed by this summer and have product ready to ship on order during this riding season.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Vlad
vlad
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: Custom Lowered CNC Pegs For Bird

Postby SPF 0 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:42 pm

I'm trying to make my XX into a high-speed ST13-type bike, so count me in for both. I'm curious as to how you'd lower the passenger pegs which, IIRC, butt up against the muffler mount.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."

'02 XX
SPF 0
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Lower Pegs

Postby vlad » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:43 pm

It's not that easy since the pillion peg now sits very close to the muffler. I was hoping to use a system similar to the one used by aftermarket suppliers for BMW. This requires the peg to be shaped in what looks like one half of the letter U upside down.
From what I can see the only other possibility is to cut the exhaust pipe just after the catalyst, lower the angle a few degrees, then reweld in the lower position. It's a painfull process that will require major modification, since the assembly that supports the peg will also have to be lowered. Ugh!
I should add here and now, that I am not doing this for any business purpose, or to make money from this. Ifr someone has any better idea's please let me know. I suspect that to do this properly through a machine shop will make the pegs pretty expensive.

Thanks,
Vlad
vlad
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby SPF 0 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:59 pm

After have my wife finally hope on the back of this, I don't envy you the task of trying to get comfortable pegs.

When she first got on, she put her feet onto my pegs and thought those were just bearable. Good luck.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."

'02 XX
SPF 0
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Custom Lowered CNC Pegs For Bird

Postby aj » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:19 pm

vlad wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to determine if there is sufficient interest in aftermarket lower foot pegs for the Bird. I would like to produce a run of high quality driver and pillion pegs that would provide more comfort to both. If there is sufficient interest I will try to get the project completed by this summer and have product ready to ship on order during this riding season.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Vlad

... if they worked, provided a lowering with added confort then i would fit em..at the right price... :clap:
but would need them pollished and clear powder coated...rider only...don't carry pillions very often :roll)

where are you geographicaly vladivar???????????? :-?

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?