Advice on hard luggage for the BIRD

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Advice on hard luggage for the BIRD

Postby vlad » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:19 am

I'm trying to solve the question of which brand of hard luggage to buy and also which size is appropriate for my needs?

1) I need a topcase that will be small enough to carry a minimum of stuff but large enough to provide a secure backrest for the passenger.

2) The side cases should be small enough to proivide some storage but not so large that they make the bike look unbalanced. I don't intend to use this bike for long trips. Mostly day outings.

3) The side cases should be small enough so as not to interfere with the passengers leg placement. I've noticed that some of the larger Givi cases sit very close to the rear peg.

Any help you can give me will be appreciated. I'm trying to make the decision before tomorrow.

Thanks,
Vlad
vlad
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby REEFER » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:54 am

givi do 21 litre side cases although IMO they look minging
you will need a 46 or 52 litre if you want to lock your lids in the top box when off the bike etc
best thing to do is go along to your givi stockist and try both your lids in the v46 to see if they fit, back rests are purchased seperate and bolt to the box

www.firstlinemotorcycles.co.uk seem to be cheap for givi boxes..they advertise on ebay also but i went to there shop which is in north london

HTH :wink)
Lifes too short to eat cheap food!
top tip..dont enter the blackwall tunnel with 3m headroom when driving 3.02 height!!!!!!
motor home build finished 15 months later!!

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tigger » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:19 am

REEFER wrote:givi do 21 litre side cases although IMO they look minging
you will need a 46 or 52 litre if you want to lock your lids in the top box when off the bike etc
best thing to do is go along to your givi stockist and try both your lids in the v46 to see if they fit, back rests are purchased seperate and bolt to the box

www.firstlinemotorcycles.co.uk seem to be cheap for givi boxes..they advertise on ebay also but i went to there shop which is in north london

HTH :wink)

doh :mrgreen: www.1stlinemotorcycles.co.uk

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?