Nonfango Fitting Instructions

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Nonfango Fitting Instructions

Postby Kov » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:08 pm

I've just been given a full Nonfango luggage system to carry 3 boxes & a Nonfango 852 top box, the only problem i've got no idea how to mount it correctly. Does anybody know where i'd get the fitting instructions or where the two longer mounts go? i've got it mounted at the grabrail and at the pillion peg mounts i'm just left with two cerved mounts and two long mounts with hook like ends? :banghead)
Also do Givi boxes fit?

Cheers
.....Man Down
Kov
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby REEFER » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:41 am

flat bar brackets 2 off go up at the side or the rear seat cowling and fit onto the 8mm bolt that holds the grabrail on, a 8mm nylock then holds it on the bolt, the end of the bracket should hang down near the indicators

the other tube bracket which also has a flat bar on it with 2 fixing holes on the flat bit goes on the front footpeg hanger bolts..take the old bolts out and fit the longer ones suppied with the kit and fit the small spacers behind the bracket and in front of the peg hanger one to the bracket sits square

the longer bracket with the bar and flat piece with one hole in the flat bit goes up inside the subframe..after the seat cowling is refitted..takes a bit of wiggling, the front bunjee mounting bolt on the cowling is replacede with a long bolt, but still using the honda washer and spacer..this screws into the subframe as normal but carrys on through the subframe as its longer..the bracket attaches to the bolt and again a 8mm nylock secures it in place
fit all the parts loose then fit the rack then tighten it all up
allow a couple of hours fiddling to sort it :wink)
Lifes too short to eat cheap food!
top tip..dont enter the blackwall tunnel with 3m headroom when driving 3.02 height!!!!!!
motor home build finished 15 months later!!

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kov » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:04 pm

Cheers Reefer :clap: that's my sunday afternoon sorted, just gotta locate a couple of boxes to fit and the missus can fill them up with everything she's ever owned for our 3 day tour of Scotland in a couple of weeks

Kov
.....Man Down
Kov
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?