Touring in Spain

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Touring in Spain

Postby Minesaredun » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:41 pm

Trying to plan a tour through Spain into Portugal next year. Want to go through the Cantabria mountain range unless someone has a better idea.
Accomodation is the main worry as I don't do camping after a trip to the South of France put me of for life, sleeping on concrete is not my idea of fun so soft beds a must.
Thanks for any suggestions
If it's gone wrong it's probably my fault
Minesaredun
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:54 pm

Be a bit patient m8, there's no shortage of hard bitten, around the world in 80 minutes tourers around in here, but being xx riders they're very civilised when it cimes to sleeping, toileting and coiffure arrangements whilst abroad :wink) :mrgreen:

You won't be waiting long :clap:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby jack » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:23 pm

Hi Ya mate, I take it you'll be going 'Santander' or 'Bilbao' - a route I have to yet travel, so really can't help, but will keep my eye's open while surfing for any info I can gleem :wink)
The Older I get the Better I Was
jack
Site Admin

Postby Minesaredun » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:40 pm

Went to Southern Spain a while back "La Marina" about 30 miles from Alicante took the ferry to Santander then, nightmare crossing 24 hours of having my head stuck in a toilet and they told me it was calm. Thinking of going to St Malo and riding through only 11 hours of hell on the ferry that way.
If it's gone wrong it's probably my fault
Minesaredun
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby jack » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:43 pm

Bloody hell redun, forgot about that way and yep I've heard the same about the Sant/Bilb crossing being a bit rough at times and 'Pricey' :bigcry:
The Older I get the Better I Was
jack
Site Admin

Re: Touring in Spain

Postby the pc doctor » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:28 pm

Minesaredun wrote:Trying to plan a tour through Spain into Portugal next year. Want to go through the Cantabria mountain range unless someone has a better idea.
Accomodation is the main worry as I don't do camping after a trip to the South of France put me of for life, sleeping on concrete is not my idea of fun so soft beds a must.
Thanks for any suggestions

Thinking of doing similar run in October this year, at the moment am using AutoRoute and the internet to try and plan the trip - will let you know how it all works out..
The above opinion in no way represents the sound of mind. In fact it......em, err, thingy....

oh bummer...... sodin ouch again

Doc the Crock........

:bigcry: :eyebrows) No More Putt Putt's :eyebrows) :bigcry:
the pc doctor
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?