Monza or Imola

Useful information for you and your bike when touring the UK or further...

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Monza or Imola

Postby Marathon Man » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:37 pm

Guys & Gals,

I'm planning a little sojourn to Europe - to watch World Superbikes (I'm a Biaggi follower...) at either Monza at the beginning of May or Imola in June.

But I could do with a bit of advice.

Whilst I've been so far as the French / Swiss Jura Alps area (earlier this year) I haven't ventured as far as Italy. So the first question is can anyone recommend any routes down / routes to play on when I'm there?:dunno:

Also, accommodation. I may camp(!) in a tent (very cheap but don't fancy lugging tent etc. with me), hire one of them static caravans (cheap and easy option) or do a hotel (ah, lovely to have a soothing bath to return to after a day of riding...). Has anyone got any suggestions of either of those three types of accommodation in either Monza and / or Misano?:dunno:

Yours in anticipation of sound advice...
Marathon Man
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby jack » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:37 pm

MM, think I still have a GPS route to Italy, somewhere about, if that's any good to ya, some beautiful scenery along the way and went thro the White Tunnel jawdropping

Can't help too much with hotels, we just did it on the huff and payed on average 30/40 euros per room.
The Older I get the Better I Was
jack
Site Admin

Postby Marathon Man » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:42 pm

jack wrote:MM, think I still have a GPS route to Italy, somewhere about, if that's any good to ya, some beautiful scenery along the way and went thro the White Tunnel.

Cheers Jack. That'll be great if they're Tomtom compatible routes... :thumbsup)

jack wrote:Can't help too much with hotels, we just did it on the huff and payed on average 30/40 euros per room.

After doing a bit of web-hunting I think that winging the accommodation part may be the best bet. Adds a bit of the unknown to the trip as well :ride)
Marathon Man
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby jack » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:47 pm

Sorry MM, their Grmin files but I think I may be able to convert, leave it with me and if I can, I will.

Wat'ever, I know you'll have a great time......Lucky Bugga :D
The Older I get the Better I Was
jack
Site Admin

Postby Marathon Man » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:53 pm

jack wrote:Sorry MM, their Grmin files but I think I may be able to convert, leave it with me and if I can, I will.
:thumbsup)

Fingers crossed with the conversion....
Marathon Man
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to Touring with your Bird?