**New member Registration**

This particular area is hopefully designed to make you a little more comfortable in your early days with us - ask questions about the forums and incorporates How Do I subjects

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

**New member Registration**

Postby Ladybird » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi everyone - just to let you know we have just changed to manual activation of members. That means when you register with us - we will check your account. Activate it and then send you an e-mail, confirming you are now active

We hope to ensure requested accounts are active within 48 hrs of request

If you have registered and have not received an activation e-mail then please e-mail us at: crew@ixxra.co.uk

Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Re: **New member Registration**

Postby banni » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Hi everyone just brought 12k bird in blue.Not the best looked after example but a good price. With a little elbow grease it should look as good as my 955 Daytona i sold to buy it. Reason for buying it,best bike on the tarmac for the job. I hope this clears up the terrorist rumor ? So will be looking for parts to improve already geat product. Chears all IAN
banni
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Tim » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:38 pm

banni wrote:Hi everyone just brought 12k bird in blue.Not the best looked after example but a good price. With a little elbow grease it should look as good as my 955 Daytona i sold to buy it. Reason for buying it,best bike on the tarmac for the job. I hope this clears up the terrorist rumor ? So will be looking for parts to improve already geat product. Chears all IAN

What is a geat product ian?..... :-? :-?

Welcome to IXXRA mate :clap: :clap: :rockon) ...now aj has cleared you of any connection with terrorism get ready to have the piss taken !

Ya spelled rumor and chears wrong....gerragrip.... :wink)

:D :D
Tim
Site Admin

Postby iainm9438 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Tim wrote:
banni wrote:Hi everyone just brought 12k bird in blue.Not the best looked after example but a good price. With a little elbow grease it should look as good as my 955 Daytona i sold to buy it. Reason for buying it,best bike on the tarmac for the job. I hope this clears up the terrorist rumor ? So will be looking for parts to improve already geat product. Chears all IAN

Welcome to IXXRA mate :clap: :clap: :rockon) ...now aj has cleared you of any connection with terrorism get ready to have the piss taken !

Hi Ian, meet Tim..... you'll get to read a lot of sheet from him :banghead)
by the way, welcome mate.
:mrgreen:
Was a 1 of kind xx........RIP Zebra
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tim » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:18 pm

iainm9438 wrote:
Tim wrote:

Hi Ian, meet Tim..... you'll get to read a lot of sheet from him.as well as me I am just a newbie really but aspire to post as much shite as possible under the tutelage of aj, and if the truth be telled I aint doin too bad if I say so messen.... :banghead)
by the way, welcome mate.
:mrgreen:

:clap: :mrgreen:
Tim
Site Admin

Postby spongebob » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi and Welcome
spongebob
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Tony. p » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Hello everybody
Just a quick into from a new boy.
Got my first bird 10 days ago. It's 02 reg with 21500 miles on the clock. Its a lovely rich shiny blue colour, I did consider getting a black one but found them a bit morbid, so chose blue. I really must get a lower seat of some kind because I am a short arse and have a job to touch the ground. I'ts a shame really because the seat that's on it at the moment is a posh-looking custom job. I will also be on the lookout for a tank cover to stop my beer gut rubbing the tank. I have been reading this site for a few days now and am prepared for the acidic and cutting remarks. I am located in Kent at the end of the M2 near a town called Faversham. Anybody near this neck of the woods.
Hope I've done this right and put it in the right box etc.
Regards
Tony
Tony. p
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Fettler » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Tony. p wrote:Hello everybody
Just a quick into from a new boy.
Got my first bird 10 days ago. It's 02 reg with 21500 miles on the clock. Its a lovely rich shiny blue colour,
I did consider getting a black one but found them a bit morbid, so chose blue.
I really must get a lower seat of some kind because I am a short arse and have a job to touch the ground. I'ts a shame really because the seat that's on it at the moment is a posh-looking custom job. I will also be on the lookout for a tank cover to stop my beer gut rubbing the tank. I have been reading this site for a few days now and am prepared for the acidic and cutting remarks. I am located in Kent at the end of the M2 near a town called Faversham. Anybody near this neck of the woods.
Hope I've done this right and put it in the right box etc.
Regards
Tony

Welcome Tony oh misguided one, yet another bluetit to potter around on. When you could have been flying on a real xx Black one. :banghead)
Hope you have fun here lol
Fettler
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Simmo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 pm

welcome tony

perhaps your just a little bit worried about the speed of the BLACK one so you did right in choosing a slow blue one

probably better putting your hello in the topics rather than hear but enjoy the banter

simmo
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby rushwind » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Tim wrote:

12k for a bird??, bit fookin expensive innit?, speshly as its a slow blue 'n?
rushwind
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Porcpen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi,

Just bought 1997 Blackbird, 12k on the clock. Already planning a summer trip to the Picos, Spain.
Looking forward to a great forum.
Porcpen
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Simmo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Porcpen wrote:Hi,

Just bought 1997 Blackbird, 12k on the clock. Already planning a summer trip to the Picos, Spain.
Looking forward to a great forum.

Welcome porcpen great wealth of knowledge on here join in and ask away

When you of to Spain for a :ride) then ?.

And where abouts you from ?

Simmo
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:32 am

How do Porcpen; Welcome to Ixxra . Make yourself at home......wherever that may be :wink)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 pm

12K on a 97 plate :thumbsup) Not even half run in yet... Nice one mate and welcome to the forum ..

Are you a seasoned European traveler or will the picos be your first ??
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby madmac » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:22 pm

hi all

im currently riding a Honda CB1000 2012 model but im hoping to pick up a Blackbird in the next couple of months as my second bike still looking atm
the cb is awesome but no good for passengers or touring so thats why im looking at a blackbird so ive jumped ahead and joined the forum early to check out hints n tips

cheers Marcus
madmac
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to New IXXRA Members