new here, not new Bird Owner

This particular area is hopefully designed to make you a little more comfortable in your early days with us - ask questions about the forums and incorporates How Do I subjects

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

new here, not new Bird Owner

Postby mikeyw64 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi All,

some of you may know me from other places on the interwebs , pictures below may be a giveaway ;)

Anyways just blagged an ebay bargain last week and the bike at some point (but not the chap I bought it from) formerly belonged to an IXXRA member.

Needed a new stator (old one was shorting to earth, PO had only replaced reg/rec & battery), an MOT and the ECU secured (& FI light cleared, hasn't come back since). Only little quirk is that fuel gauge only reads 3/4s full even when brimmed vertical. Oh and removed the spotlights ;)

mikeyw64
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: new here, not new Bird Owner

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi mikey. Nice to see you over here matey. Yes, someone told me about ya bargain so I did pop over to the Dark Side to avaluk. Noticed the Ixxra sticker too. Where'd you get it from.? Nice little acquisition there. Have fun with it. :thumbsup)

Sooooooo......now you've checked in ( and I believe you know a few here already), in your own time lets have some info/details on your Oz trip. I did read and enjoy your stuff on The Dark Side but it left me wanting more. :ride)

:thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 pm

Good pics mikey. Just in case...I know you'll soak thd rusty fasteners before dismantling but take extra care with the two setscrews holding the rear brake pipes/right handside of hugger to RHS of swing arm. The nuts in the swingarm are captive and can easily break their mounting inside the swingarm.....then ya fooked. DAMHIKIJKOK. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:10 pm

By fook that orange Bird is funny as fook. :sick)

:mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby mikeyw64 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:49 pm

T.Murphy wrote:Hi mikey. Nice to see you over here matey. Yes, someone told me about ya bargain so I did pop over to the Dark Side to avaluk. Noticed the Ixxra sticker too. Where'd you get it from.? Nice little acquisition there. Have fun with it. :thumbsup)

Sooooooo......now you've checked in ( and I believe you know a few here already), in your own time lets have some info/details on your Oz trip. I did read and enjoy your stuff on The Dark Side but it left me wanting more. :ride)

:thumbsup)

/me wonders which of the 2 "Dark sides" my esteemed colleague refers too (although TBH a lot of the "politics" were before my time, I use all avenues relatively equally. No doubt I will find my own use of this particular repository of information :)

It was found on the bay of fleas (link in original post) hidden away in an bscure category & ending at a silly time on a Sunday :thumbsup)

As regards Oz,I'll PM you a few links as wouldn't want to upset anyone, I suspect you may have been on the more UK orientated site :mrgreen:
mikeyw64
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby mikeyw64 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:03 pm

T.Murphy wrote:By fook that orange Bird is funny as fook. :sick)

:mrgreen:

Whats so funny about Orange ;)

Ok maybe a little funny lying down ;)

Givi, It's Italian for "Crash Bung"

Seen worse damage from a stationary drop, didnt even break the mirror glass

Cracked the screen & bunny ear
few scuffs
thats it
mikeyw64
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby jono49 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:22 pm

:clap: Fookin pissed meself!...nice one mikey :thumbsup) I take it the panniers saved a lot of damage, but also caused it to go down the road?
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby mikeyw64 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:44 pm

jono49 wrote::clap: Fookin pissed meself!...nice one mikey :thumbsup) I take it the panniers saved a lot of damage, but also caused it to go down the road?

No, I'm generally catching the lower fairing before the panniers touch!!

Although they do get close

On this occasion though it was a schoolboy error involving a fresh bit of rain & slowing down, but not enough!!
mikeyw64
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby jono49 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Dont worry about schoolboy errors..I'm still wearing me short trousers :mrgreen: BTW just lurv that look of pure concentration in the scond last pic...and looking through the apex :notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby mikeyw64 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:37 pm

jono49 wrote:Dont worry about schoolboy errors..I'm still wearing me short trousers :mrgreen: BTW just lurv that look of pure concentration in the scond last pic...and looking through the apex :notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)

Cheers Jon

I do enjoy 3 sisters , a lot of people knock it for being a small go kart track (but not Neil Hodgson) and also yes the Bird isn't the most suitable bike for it but what the hell :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3WFGE4VA80
mikeyw64
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to New IXXRA Members