2nd Blackbird, new member here :)

This particular area is hopefully designed to make you a little more comfortable in your early days with us - ask questions about the forums and incorporates How Do I subjects

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

2nd Blackbird, new member here :)

Postby FORCE3D » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi all,
I thought I'd best introduce myself! I've come from owning a wealth of VFR's over the years (all weather riding before I got my car license a few years ago). As much as I love VFR's I started to really want more performance/ torque and better fueling (especially whilst two up in touring mode) ...
So I bought my first Blackbird about 4 years ago - I had no idea what I was missing, I couldn't believe how smooth, powerful, refined yet all day comfortable this wonderful machine was -I covered a good 40k+ miles in just under 3 years.
Unfortunately though I had to sell her as I got accepted to do a masters in Music Therapy (definitely a good thing in the long run)! - But now I'm in my 2nd year and I just had to get another bird!

Well I managed to score a tidy Bluebird for a crazy £1900 very local to me, with full service history, pretty much bone stock with only 19k miles on her. She was a Cat C but I've had full photo evidence of the damage and parts replaced. I'm planning on getting a full set of Givi luggage this weekend riding up to Birmingham to get it fitted.

14563553_10154511153453955_5570475054246038542_n.jpg

Next will be a decent screen, any suggestions? It's good to be back on a Blackbird - In my opinion, a BB is just a more serious VFR on steroids (and better build quality). I've been riding my new bike in the wet weather here in the UK this week and I can honestly say I feel safer on the BB with it's superbly smooth fueling than I ever did on my snatchy VTEC. :D Here are a couple of quick photos, she will look very different once I've finished with her, as I'm planning on luggage, new screen and maybe some new lighter cans too.

14642268_10154511153448955_1888523006232594428_n.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

:thumbsup)
FORCE3D
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: 2nd Blackbird, new member here :)

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Hiya Steve and welcome to Ixxra from me for starters.

Thats a mighty fine looking Bird you have there.....she really looks fabulous with standard sest and screen and cans doesnt she?

Various screen options but IMHO without spoiling the streamlined looks, the MRA Tourer screen works for me.

Get the Solvol out and have half an hour on those cans and downpipes, be like new :thumbsup)

Whereabouts are you from then?

Anyways, have a look around and feel free to join in and or ask any questions. :rockon)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby FORCE3D » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Hi thanks for the warm welcome.

I agree she doesn't look half bad in standard trim! I've heard a lot about the MRA screen (the one with the adjustable lip), I did wonder if it spoils the sleek look, but also wondered if they do a darker version?

I'm from Lincolnshire, UK and it's great to be here, I'll post up a few more pics once I get my luggage on and go for a decent ride into Derbyshire hopefully.

Cheers,
Steve
FORCE3D
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:24 pm

The adjustable one is the MRA Vario ( if I remember) they are as ugly as fook but those that have them say they're brilliant. I'm happy with my Tourer and I still look cool!

Anytime you want to bimble into Derbyshire shout up. I'm sure a few of us would come along :thumbsup) :ride)

Tim

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bluegas » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

I find a double bubble screen works, in fact i have a spare dark one you could have a go with, just let me know. You can have it for the cost of postage :thumbsup) or collect from Peterborough.

Cheers, John.
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:47 pm

T.Murphy wrote: I still look cool!

...Bwahahaha-aaaaarrrr! :twisted)

..."Cool" Murphy...!! rofl

welcome Lincs. Lad.

I might be over at Cadwell on a track day soon - weather dependent - have a ride over an'
I'll tell yert truth bart "arr Tim". :mrgreen:
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:04 am

Dark Angel wrote:
T.Murphy wrote: I still look cool!

...Bwahahaha-aaaaarrrr! :twisted)

..."Cool" Murphy...!! rofl

welcome Lincs. Lad.

I might be over at Cadwell on a track day soon - weather dependent - have a ride over an'
I'll tell yert truth bart "arr Tim". :mrgreen:

Snarrf...how come a coont like you can mek me giggle so much...? :D :D :D

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:06 am

...Teks one ter know one, ya fooker! :getthis) :twisted)
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby FORCE3D » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:10 am

bluegas wrote:Welcome and enjoy the forum!

I find a double bubble screen works, in fact i have a spare dark one you could have a go with, just let me know. You can have it for the cost of postage :thumbsup) or collect from Peterborough.

Cheers, John.

Wow John that's amazing I'll definitely take you up on that offer mate, I'll ride down and pick it up if that's ok, I'll pm you my number.

I'm loving this forum already, thanks everyone :mrgreen:
FORCE3D
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby FORCE3D » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:45 pm

MASSIVE thanks to ''blue gas'' (John) for kindly giving me not one, but TWO touring screens for free (not to mention the tie-downs so I could get them home) :clap: - A top bloke, look forward to repaying the favour on a ride out some day.

I'll post up a few photos of the black screen attached when I get chance.

Cheers!
happy santa
FORCE3D
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to New IXXRA Members