Hello

This particular area is hopefully designed to make you a little more comfortable in your early days with us - ask questions about the forums and incorporates How Do I subjects

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Hello

Postby Taminator » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Hello everybody, Always fancied a blackbird, had blades and cbr6s , right now I have a BMW R1150gs so looking to sell as I find its getting a bit too much for me in its bigness , anyway im in the market for a bird, whats the best model to try and pick up, could swap if anybody is interested, all the best tommy. howdy
Taminator
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: Hello

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi mate and welcome to Ixxra

Where are ya from then?

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Lots of unanwerable questions re whats the best Bird. As you know, opinions are like arseholes and were all different

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Depends on what you want to spend for starters. People will say "get a carb Bird" for various reasons that at the end of the day are trifling details. . They are all superb sports tourers.
Obviously one that's well looked after and as low a mileage as you can reasonably get just for your own peace of mind as these bikes are bullet proof.

Have a perusal of the Bird forums as everything you need to know about the Bird will be here and there somewhere.

Nice to see you here Tommy; I enjoy how you wind them fekkas up with your conspiracy theories. Spot on. :notworthy)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:32 pm

Any BIrd will be more capable than its rider. Unless your name is Eric, of course.
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Sircular » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 am

Hi Tommy, I've owned both Fi & carb'd xx 's. Not a lot of difference between 'em performance wise. As said above, engines are pretty much bullet proof, providing it's been looked after, i.e oil & filter changed. ( usually annually) Depends on your budget. I'd recommend a "test ride" on one first. A "double bubble" screen is preferred by most xx owners. Decent tyres, an "X ring chain", &, depending what mileage you want to do, a " Scott oiler " could be beneficial. They'll do a ton in second, in fook me, that was quick, & four more gears to go ! Or quite happy munching miles two up, with full luggage. If you can find a later Fi with lower mileage, within your budget, then Bob's your auntie. Happy hunting, regards, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 am

Barrie wrote:Any BIrd will be more capable than its rider. Unless your name is Eric, of course.

:mrgreen: ....unless he's a bit, errr, under the westher.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to New IXXRA Members