Misting Visors

Share your riding hints and tips with fellow riders.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs

Misting Visors

Postby Sircular » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:37 am

Hi Y`all out there in Ixxra land.You might like to try this cheap alternative to help stop your visors "Misting up" :- Try a small drop of washing up liquid, spread on the inside of your visor, (neat, without water!) Apply with your finger(s) to a clean surface, then use a piece of kitchen roll, to lightly polish /remove smears.(It also works if you wear glasses). I`m an all weather rider, & have spent money on a variety of "Anti-Fog" products. And I find the washing up liquid works as well as them, (If not better) with no "Fogging". I usually apply it once a week. (Opening your visor 1 click also helps prevent "fogging", at lower speeds) Also :- You might like to try a product called "Clear View Rain Away" (Available from most car accessories shops) Or, "Rain X Plastic water repellent" (Available from "Halfrauds" @ £11.99) DON`T use ordinary Rain X on plastic visors, it makes them brittle ! You apply it to the OUTSIDE of your visor.(Again :- spray or apply a little onto clean visor, spread with finger(s),Then very lightly, polish/ remove smears with kitchen roll), Leaving some of the product on your visor. It helps to bead rain from your visor, therefore improving visibility. (If you get caught out by a shower whilst riding.) Another trick I use, (whilst doing more than 30 mph in the rain) is to briefly lower my gaze to the filler cap,(Ensuring the road ahead is clear), this helps the rain bead off better. Hope this helps your visibility / misting. Regards, Sircular. :thumbsup)
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Misting Visors

Postby Sircular » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:27 am

:mistywindow) Hi Guys n` Gals, Other products that can help prevent your visors misting up are :- Head and shoulders anti dandruff shampoo, And :- Gillette shave gel. Smear a little of either product on the inside of a clean visor with your fingers, leave to dry for about five min`s, then clean off excess product with kitchen towel, and lightly polish, leaving a thin film of the product on your visor. Hope this helps, Regards, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi Len. The old washing up liquid "trick" was used by myself and others way back in the '70's. I now use a Pinlock for antimisting inside.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:30 am

T.Murphy wrote:Hi Len. The old washing up liquid "trick" was used by myself and others way back in the '70's. I now use a Pinlock for antimisting inside.

Had a pin lock with this latest Elmet...couldn't fit it...way to complicated so threw it in the bin... :-P
first signs of misting and I lift the visor a fraction...mist gone...kin amazing science.. howdy

Regards
Aj lol

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:11 pm

aj wrote:
T.Murphy wrote:Hi Len. The old washing up liquid "trick" was used by myself and others way back in the '70's. I now use a Pinlock for antimisting inside.

Had a pin lock with this latest Elmet...couldn't fit it...way to complicated so threw it in the bin... :-P
first signs of misting and I lift the visor a fraction...mist gone...kin amazing science.. howdy

Regards
Aj lol

That surprises me, you not being able to fit a pinlock. :-D

lol

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to Riding hints and tips