Braking while cornering

Share your riding hints and tips with fellow riders.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs

Braking while cornering

Postby red » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 pm

:banghead) The heated discussion in ( Out Patients rear brakes getting hot ) duh is concerning to me, :| as my xx is the first bike i have had with linked brakes :| i have had some advanced instruction With NAM. i must admit the linked brake system has not made any difference that i have noticed to my riding in any situation :-) However i was taught on entering a corner you should have finished braking, be in the right gear in the right position for observing your exit from the bend and enter the bend at the right speed (to suit your ability ) you must accelerate out of the bend in a controlled manner :-) No, No,s Shutting the throttle off, braking in the bend, changing gear in the bend, to much speed into the bend. As well as the obvious cutting corners etc. There is exceptions to these if a situation crops up :shock) something appears in the bend all of a sudden or the likes. But in this situation the rear brake is the preferred option but with linked brakes well i am not so sure !!!!!!!!! dizzy :banghead)

:ride) Is practicing some of the techniques discussed in Out Patient,s the best way forward ? i am not sure duh

:notworthy) Ixxra :-? Red
Open road A genuine Heart there is Passion in all of us
red
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: Braking while cornering

Postby Tim » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:03 pm

red wrote::banghead) The heated discussion in ( Out Patients rear brakes getting hot ) duh is concerning to me, :| as my xx is the first bike i have had with linked brakes :| i have had some advanced instruction With NAM. i must admit the linked brake system has not made any difference that i have noticed to my riding in any situation :-) However i was taught on entering a corner you should have finished braking, be in the right gear in the right position for observing your exit from the bend and enter the bend at the right speed (to suit your ability ) you must accelerate out of the bend in a controlled manner :-) No, No,s Shutting the throttle off, braking in the bend, changing gear in the bend, to much speed into the bend. As well as the obvious cutting corners etc. There is exceptions to these if a situation crops up :shock) something appears in the bend all of a sudden or the likes. But in this situation the rear brake is the preferred option but with linked brakes well i am not so sure !!!!!!!!! dizzy :banghead)

:ride) Is practicing some of the techniques discussed in Out Patient,s the best way forward ? i am not sure duh

Red...take no fookin notice of the Riding God...what you say you do I think all us mortals do...Quite a surreal discussion over there....Desrves a place in "Pseuds Corner"

Only time I brake in a bend is when my arse muscles have taken control of my right hand...cos I have fooked up. :shock)

I dont wanna improve my riding skills to the level where I'm braking in a bend...sorry...lightly applying the rear brake ....I aint that fast. screwy

...and as for feet position.... :roll)
Tim
Site Admin

Postby aj » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:00 am

Tim wrote:

point yer toes inwards yer tvat... it reduces drag... :P :P :P ... ads 0.0001 of a second to yer cornering speed rofl

redtit.. the discussion is not incongruous with the good practise you'r on about 8) .. just complimentary to it :mrgreen:

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby iainm9438 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:17 am

take no notice red mate, :roll)

most of the stuff on there is to spark a comment back from others. :oops)

as i said on that thread, we ain't on a racetrack and for all but the most extreme road riding, the linked brakes are brilliant. you would be hard pushed to tell them apart from normal brakes. :)

it's the same as these magazine testers... they say the R1 will beat the gixxer 1000 by a mile :-? :-?

go and ride them back to back on the road and you will be hard pushed to tell the difference. :-?

give them to Rossi and you will a list of 1000 reasons why one is better than the other. :notworthy)

just ride as you ride, don't worry about the brakes (they won't spit you off the bike) and above all.... enjoy the xx :)

:wink) :mrgreen:
Was a 1 of kind xx........RIP Zebra
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tim » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:04 am

aj wrote:
Tim wrote:

point yer toes inwards yer tvat... it reduces drag... :P :P :P ... ads 0.0001 of a second to yer cornering speed rofl

redtit.. the discussion is not incongruous with the good practise you'r on about 8) .. just complimentary to it :mrgreen:

regards :wink)
aj

screwy ...more 1 a.m. shit and bollox.... lol lol
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tigger » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:59 pm

red wrote: i have had some advanced instruction With NAM.

Viet'nam or tott'nam?

Seriusly, i find riding for myself at my pace and speed gives me plenty to do and builds my experience plenty. no 2 rides are the same. :-?

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tonester » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:56 pm

I think it's daft. :wink)

Enjoy it Red, keep going as you are like the rest of us, mere mortals.

As for those ageing members who go for a ride and still think they are playing cops and robbers, hammering down the M27 yelling Nee Naw Nee Naw Nee Naw Nee Naw just waiting until they find a corner so they can gently apply the brake so they feel like a real copper, ignore them and they forget what they were on about after nap time. :twisted)
An Aussie kiss - the same as a French kiss but 'Downunder' .

Tonester
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:18 pm

red wrote::banghead) The heated discussion in ( Out Patients rear brakes getting hot ) duh is concerning to me, :| as my xx is the first bike i have had with linked brakes :| i have had some advanced instruction With NAM. i must admit the linked brake system has not made any difference that i have noticed to my riding in any situation :-) However i was taught on entering a corner you should have finished braking, be in the right gear in the right position for observing your exit from the bend and enter the bend at the right speed (to suit your ability ) you must accelerate out of the bend in a controlled manner :-) No, No,s Shutting the throttle off, braking in the bend, changing gear in the bend, to much speed into the bend. As well as the obvious cutting corners etc. There is exceptions to these if a situation crops up :shock) something appears in the bend all of a sudden or the likes. But in this situation the rear brake is the preferred option but with linked brakes well i am not so sure !!!!!!!!! dizzy :banghead)

No it isn't--- and if it helps, I am sure :wink) :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 pm

MaXX2 wrote:

No it isn't--- and if it helps, I am sure as a lapsed, behind the times ex-cop can be.... :wink) :mrgreen:

Sorted "Maxxypad"

:rockon)
Tim
Site Admin

Postby MaXX2 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Near enoughf or me is that pal :wink) at least you avoided the O.L.D. word. Long as we don't have people actually trying this out because they read it on here first eh :roll) :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to Riding hints and tips