Filtering

Share your riding hints and tips with fellow riders.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs

Filtering

Postby red » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:28 pm

:ride) We have all done it :-) but now it seams you can be nicked under the road traffic act for driving in a careless and or inconsiderate manner and get this, repeat the offence and they'll have your bike under the police reform act :banghead) this is from an article in MCN :shock) anyone who has been on the western bypass in Newcastle know,s what a car park that can be duh . so while at this moment it is legal to filter (latest version of highway code)is this the beginning of the end for this advantage to Biker,s ? gloomy

:rockon) :notworthy) Ixxra Red
Open road A genuine Heart there is Passion in all of us
red
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: Filtering

Postby iainm9438 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:51 pm

the problem is that they nicked him under an act meant for offroad motorcycle use and on his ticket it stated that he had been using his machine on a road other than a public highway. :-?
if he had contested it in the first place he could have got away with it. :P
also, they confiscated his R1 for the same reason so he could win the case when it goes to court. :clap:
Was a 1 of kind xx........RIP Zebra
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby red » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:04 pm

iainm9438 wrote:the problem is that they nicked him under an act meant for offroad motorcycle use and on his ticket it stated that he had been using his machine on a road other than a public highway. :-?
if he had contested it in the first place he could have got away with it. :P
also, they confiscated his R1 for the same reason so he could win the case when it goes to court. :clap:

Cheers for that clarification Ian bonny lad al mek sure a daint get knobbly tyres on me xx :shock)

lol Red
Open road A genuine Heart there is Passion in all of us
red
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Tonester » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:44 pm

It's still legal here but only if the traffic has stopped. Also legal is two bikes riding side by side in the same lane, penalties for other motorcycle offences include rider and up to 6 passengers not wearing a helmet, $950.00 fine and 4 demerit points.

Personally, I don't think any of the rule makers have any fookin idea about riding a bike, if they did, they would ban cars.
An Aussie kiss - the same as a French kiss but 'Downunder' .

Tonester
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tigger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Tonester wrote:rider and up to 6 passengers not wearing a helmet

Only on a hyaBUSa obv, or a wing or a bmw or a gtr. did i miss any? :P

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby T.C » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi. I am the new boy on the site on my third Blackbird having owned nothing butbirds since their introduction in the mid 90's

Please take it from someone who works in the legal profession and who is qualified in traffic law, filtering is perfectly legal and to prove an offence of careless driving, the prosecution has to establish beyond all reasonable doubt that the standard of driving fell below that expected of a reasonably competent rider.

Providing a few basic rules are complied with, it won't even affect you in an accident claim due to the case of Davis v Schrogins of 2007 where liability was found 100% in favour of the filtering rider.

Cases have to be judged on merit and the evidence, and in civil claims it only has to be shown on the balance of probability.

Even undertaking is legal in certain circumstances. The absolute offence of nearside overtake was removed from the statute book when the 1972 Road Traffic Act was introduced, and again the same rule applies as for filtering, and I have won a number of cases for riders who have undertaken on a motorway and dual carriageway.
T.C
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Well--- whether it's right or wrong, that's the sort of post that makes the inside of me Richa armour plated, waterproof, breathable panties stir :clap: :notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby aj » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

PC..DC...AM... PM... er AJ... BC... ffferk... kinelll...CT...whatever.... :P :-? :roll)

glad yer on board... we need clarity like this... :clap: :ride)

you'll be commin on a ride out with us soon then... 8) .. hope you aint got a slow pink 1 :roll)

regards :mrgreen:
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby iainm9438 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:02 pm

MaXX2 wrote:Well--- whether it's right or wrong, that's the sort of post that makes the inside of me Richa armour plated, waterproof, breathable panties stir :clap: :notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)

:shock) getting seriously worried now..... and you seemed so 'normal' :shock)

:wink) :mrgreen:

lol lol lol
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:21 pm

iainm9438 wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:Well--- whether it's right or wrong, that's the sort of post that makes the inside of me Richa armour plated, waterproof, breathable panties stir :clap: :notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)

lol lol lol

:eyebrows) All just a cunning disguise :D
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby iainm9438 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:01 pm

MaXX2 wrote:
iainm9438 wrote:

lol lol lol

:eyebrows) All just a cunning disguise :D

lol lol lol

screwy
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bodmin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Hope they are better quality than the Richa gloves I wore when I had my "off" at the Nürburgring...... :banghead) .......
There are three types of people...
Those that count, and those that can't...

bodmin
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby MaXX2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:19 pm

bodmin wrote:

Hope they are better quality than the Richa gloves I wore when I had my "off" at the Nürburgring...... :banghead) .......

The thought had occured to me pal :| Kay was looking at a Richa leather jacket a couple of weeks ago and I put me foot down straight away :wink) :mrgreen: Won't forget that in a hurry :shock) :shock)

Soon as i get around to it- HG for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby TRIPPO » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:35 pm

iainm9438 wrote:

lol lol lol

im beginnin to give up on him iain :banghead)

its all a bit concerning screwy :mrgreen: :banghead)
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Postby MaXX2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:50 pm

TRIPPO wrote:
iainm9438 wrote:

lol lol lol

im beginnin to give up on him iain :banghead)

its all a bit concerning screwy :mrgreen: :banghead)

T'int me pal- it's you midland types that's strange lol lol Look at AJ FFS, what chance have you got rofl rofl
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to Riding hints and tips