Visor mist

Share your riding hints and tips with fellow riders.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs

Visor mist

Postby johnpdavidson » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 am

Hi guys

as an all year round biker i do suffer with visor mist.
what are peoples best ideas for helping with the problem? i have tried mist fluid but its doesnt always work that well

cheers
johnpdavidson
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: Visor mist

Postby BlackMagic » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Depends what helmet ya got John, i,ve got a fog city in my AGV and the missus has a pin lock on her Shoei :thumbsup)
Both work well in a fashion but usually have to open the visor one click

Magic 8)
BlackMagic
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Poacher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:52 am

BlackMagic wrote:Depends what helmet ya got John, ........ have a pin lock on my Shoei too :thumbsup) ......

My trouble is the visor is fine its my glasses that mist up!!!! duh duh

rotfl rotfl rotfl
'The Poacher'
Poacher
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby johnpdavidson » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:10 pm

BlackMagic wrote:Depends what helmet ya got John, i,ve got a fog city in my AGV and the missus has a pin lock on her Shoei :thumbsup)
Both work well in a fashion but usually have to open the visor one click

Magic 8)

I've got a Caberg Trip flip helmet.
However, have just order a new Duchinni d909
johnpdavidson
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:26 pm

HI John. I use a Pinlock and think it is excellent for all year riding.

The only problem I initially had was riding 300 miles on New Years day into Shropshire with the pinlock on for the first time ( fitted to Shoei Multltec). First thoughts were how bad it was...until I got to Ironbridge and removed the protective "smoked" film ! duh duh :oops)

Once that was removed....bliss...NO condensation at all. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby simmyoto » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:29 pm

I have a shoei with a pin lock that used to be fantastic- it's started fogging more this winter than last,

Aparrently (after looking at my bumf from when i bought it) they do coat them with an anti mist solution when new, I assume i have worn this off over the last couple of years worth of cleaning,- not such a big problem as i can just get a new pinlock insert for it fur under a tenner! Would be interesting to find out what Shoei use for the anti mist coating though!
simmyoto
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby aj » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:01 pm

johnpdavidson wrote:
I've got a Caberg Trip flip helmet.

have 1 - 2... never had a fogged screen :shock)
i keep the air vent open (rocker switch just below the visor if you aint found it ) :P

or... simply...i aint got enough hot air in me lol

regards :roll)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Scotty » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm

It's always worth drying out the Pinlock sometimes particularly when it's really humid.

As for glasses misting up, get some Fog-Tech from http://www.V2-mal.co.uk

Brilliant stuff! :thumbsup)
Scotty
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Sircular » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

Hi Johnpdavidson, You might like to try this cheap alternative to help stop your "Misting up" :- Try a small drop of washing up liquid, spread on the inside of your visor, (neat, without water!) Apply with your finger(s) to a clean surface, then use a piece of kitchen roll/towel & lightly polish to remove smears.(This will also work on your glasses). I`m an all weather rider, & have spent money on a variety of "Anti-Fog" products. And I find the washing up liquid works as well as them, (If not better) with no "Fogging". I usually apply it once a week. (Opening your visor 1 click also helps prevent "fogging.) Also, you might like to try a product called " Clear View Rain Away"(From most car accessories shops) or "Rain X Plastic water repellent",( Available @ Halfrauds for £11.99.) DON`T use ordinary Rain X on your visor, it makes them brittle ! You apply it to the OUTSIDE of your visor.(Again :- spray a little onto clean visor, spread with finger(s),Then very lightly, polish/ remove smears with kitchen roll, (leaving some of the product on the visor). It helps to bead rain from your visor, therefore improving visibility. (If you get caught out by a shower whilst riding.) Another trick I use, (whilst doing more than 30 mph in the rain) is to briefly lower my gaze to the filler cap, this helps the rain bead off better. Hope this helps your visibility / misting. Regards, Sircular. :thumbsup)
Last edited by Sircular on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Sircular » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:13 am

Hi again Johnpdavidson, If, when opening your visor (to aid de-fogging, whilst riding), you find it a bit noisy, try using some ear plugs. I use my moulded ear plugs 99% of the time, (Whilst riding). Also, one of the most common causes of hearing loss in later life is, noise whilst riding motorcycles ! I got my moulded ear plugs at the NEC Bike show,(Birmingham), about six years ago. And they`re still as good as new. Can`t recommend them enough !.(Used the sponge type before then) The NEC show is usually on about October / November, if your interested. (Check online for dates.) Also, It`s a great place to go, if you need any M/C gear. It`s best to shop on the last day. The vendors practically give the stuff away, well, greatly reduced, against RRP. Also, it`s free parking for `Bikes ! Hope this helps, stay safe, regards, Sircular. :thumbsup)
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to Riding hints and tips