Tyres?

Share your riding hints and tips with fellow riders.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs

Re: Tyres?

Postby barsteward » Thu May 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:
barsteward wrote:Well for what it's worth just hads a pair of tyres delivered and they ar5e being fitted tomorra. :thumbsup)

Michelin Pilot Road 2 120/70 ZR17 (58W) & 180/55 ZR17 (73W)

What did they cost Bastid, and how much is the fitting :-?

£206 delivered, local garage will charge £30 tomorra for fitting :)
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Kidbiker » Thu May 26, 2011 7:13 pm

iainm9438 wrote:
Kidbiker wrote::banghead) :banghead) :banghead)

I take it all back....... i mentioned my random thinking of tyre choice to a lad at work. The subject was ended when he said to me "you want them moto-cross tyres, they must ave awesome grip. You cant fall off with them on"
So there you have it lads....we have all been missing the answer right bloody in front of us. so big chunky nobblies is the way forward according my mensa going mate :dunce) duh

damn! no wonder i was never a riding god on my xx with those stupid road tyre thingies! :banghead)

I know the feeling........might just buy snow chains for ones i have knowing this jawdropping
Kidbiker
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Chrisevans41 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Mad Badger wrote:Kidbiker,

For what it's worth, I commute 70 miles a day in all weathers on my xx and use Dunlop Roadsmarts. They take ages to wear out and stick to the road like glue in both wet and dry.

8)

Hi MB, I use Dunlop Roadsmarts too, with o -u- t a shadow of a doubt they are superb in wet and dry. I have found the wet limit, but that is mainly the throttle limits. In the dry I have simply not found the limit. Don't want to find the limit either, just stay on and stay safe. Mileage wise I get 8,000 on front and about 5,000 at the rear.
:thumbsup)
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:10 pm

Chrisevans41 wrote:

For what it's worth, I commute 70 miles a day in all weathers on my xx and use Dunlop Roadsmarts. They take ages to wear out and stick to the road like glue in both wet and dry.

8)

Hi MB, I use Dunlop Roadsmarts too, with o -u- t a shadow of a doubt they are superb in wet and dry. I have found the wet limit, but that is mainly the throttle limits. In the dry I have simply not found the limit. Don't want to find the limit either, just stay on and stay safe. Mileage wise I get 8,000 on front and about 5,000 at the rear.

Don't know my wet or dry limit on the Avon Ultras. Worried about the mileage though as I checked my records this evening and the front has now done 11,300 miles and the profile is still OK.
The last 2 or 3 rears on the Avons have given me 7,000 plus miles. Can't fault them or the price. :notworthy)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby carlmt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:23 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
Tazcbr1100xx wrote:
iainm9438 wrote:hang on :P ......... she pulled out literally 2 feet in front of me whilst i was at 50ish MPH, so even with steel spikes fitted i wouldn't have had enough time to stop!

Iain - learn to fcukin read old bean - I was referring to HER tyres that didn't stop HER from pulling out - not the ones YOU had on :banghead) :banghead) :banghead)

Jeezus it's hard working with mere mortals at times :pullhair

Would different tyres to the ones she had have stopped her pulling out? :dunce)

Flat ones maybe???

I'll get me coat..............
CT
carlmt
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Location: Gillingham, Dorset (but wishin he was 'ome in the land of song, sheep and odd shaped balls!!!)

Postby Tigger » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:16 am

My bike was manufactured in 2001 and still not changed the chain, pads, tyres, seat, etc. just had a few services and some risers with heated grips from an inferior blue xx.

Not bad eh. Never been sorned either. :thumbsup) think she has 18kilo on the clock at moment. :) :)

Soon be run in, in 10 years. :D

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TRIPPO » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 am

Tigger wrote:My bike was manufactured in 2001 and still not changed the chain, pads, tyres, seat, etc. just had a few services and some risers with heated grips from an inferior blue xx.

Not bad eh. Never been sorned either. :thumbsup) think she has 18kilo on the clock at moment. :) :)

Soon be run in, in 10 years. :D

Wat you fooooooookin about at Timothy :banghead) :banghead) :shock)
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Postby Tigger » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 am

18000 kilometers :)
or 19 maybe. just

devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:02 am

Tigger wrote:18000 kilometers :)
or 19 maybe. just

That's a big fookin difference pal :-? Their consistency is sheeeeite if you're getting anything from 19-18000 km on 'em. Stop knobbin' about and get some decent wubba fitted :banghead) :banghead) :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Tigger » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 pm

MaXX2 wrote:
or 19 maybe. just

That's a big fookin difference pal :-? Their consistency is sheeeeite if you're getting anything from 19-18000 km on 'em. Stop knobbin' about and get some decent wubba fitted :banghead) :banghead) :mrgreen:

Still at 50% :) :)

devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:47 pm

You always were :wink) :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:54 pm

MaXX2 wrote:
or 19 maybe. just

What's the point if all he's going to do is look at it just like you do :-? Or were you referring to the rubber he can put on his tinky winky when he gets all excited looking at it then has a tanky wanky :sick)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Tigger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:21 am

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:
or 19 maybe. just

What's the point if all he's going to do is look at it just like you do :-? Or were you referring to the rubber he can put on his tinky winky when he gets all excited looking at it then has a tanky wanky :sick)

Thats the 3rd post i read today in tiggerish, fook off, fook right off, its my language and copyrighted. :)

devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 pm

Tigger wrote:
Tazcbr1100xx wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:
or 19 maybe. just

Thats the 3rd post i read today in tiggerish, fook off, fook right off, its my language and copyrighted. :)

My wife also thinks she's got the rights to use HER copyrighted language when she calls me something not so nice - so you can have the same response as she does - GO FCUK YERSEN :thumbsup)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Chrisevans41 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:I tried the Avons a few years back and hated them :rolleyes: Everyone else on the site was raving about them, so I thought I'd try a pair - they just didn't do it for me at all, especially when the rear blew its arse out after only 46 miles :banghead)

The originals were Dunlops, and I didn't like them too much so when they wore out, I bought BT020s and they made the xx feel like a totally different bike - the difference in handling was very noticeable :thumbsup)

At present I've got BT020s on the winter wheels and Michelins on the summer wheels. The Michelins do OK, but I'm not quite as comfortable with those as I am the Bridgestones :-? The BTs and the Pilots both do their job in wet and dry weather, but I'd say the BTs have the edge. I'm not sure about how long the Michelins will last compared to the BTs because I change wheels and don't log the mileage - I don't particularly care to be honest as long as they keep the petrol tank above them when I'm riding :rockon) When the rear Michelin gets worn I'll probably swap the summer wheels to run on Bridgestones, then put the Michelins on the winter wheels :thumbsup)

Recommend BT023's for all round weather and wear. Quite a leap in technology than the BT 020's Winter wheels, you jammy git. Sounds like a plan to me.

:clap: :thumbsup)
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:24 pm

Winter wheels and Summer wheels. How fookin ridiculous. :roll)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:04 pm

T.Murphy wrote:Winter wheels and Summer wheels. How fookin ridiculous. :roll)

Naaaah--- perfectly normal. Summer wheels by Honda, winter wheels by Renault. Summer safety kit by Hein Gericke, winter safety and heated kit by Renault. Summer audio and satnav by Garmin, winter audio and satnav by.... guess oo :mrgreen: Merci, joyeux noelle et au revoir :thumbsup) :mrgreen:
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:25 am

You wouldn't say that if you had to polish the fcukers :roll) Anyway, I hope if fcukin snows from mid November to early December cuz I don't give a fcuk :mrgreen:
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 am

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:

You wouldn't say that if you had to polish the fcukers :roll) Anyway, I hope if fcukin snows from mid November to early December cuz I don't give a fcuk :mrgreen:

Is that a litle nibble?

Good morning Taz . How the Devil are you. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:27 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
Tazcbr1100xx wrote:

Is that a litle nibble?

Good morning Taz . How the Devil are you. :thumbsup)

Busy so fcuk off :wink)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Chrisevans41 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:15 am

8)

You'll be megga impressed with ther Roadsmart 2's then cos they are more sticky where you need it. No wear rate yet as only done 600 miles. New front in 500 to match once original Roadsmart wears out.
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Sircular » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:01 am

I use Pirelli angel GT`s, decent grip in all weathers. long lasting, about 30 percent cheaper from "Oponeo tyres". Regards, Circular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Previous

Return to Riding hints and tips