Garmin battery

Hints tips and general discussion regarding GPS and Satellite Navigations systems

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

Garmin battery

Postby barsteward » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Garmin failed on me whilst on the N/Yorks run last week, seems I have a connection problem which kept cutting the power supply to the cradle. Anyhow the Garmin eventually gave up the ghost. Didn't think to much about it at the time just thought I'd charge it up when I got home. Got home and as I was late just plugged it into the puter USB and went to work, next morning I found that it was not charged and was showing no signs of life. Ah, thought, It needs a kick start from the mains charger so plugged into the mains and to my surprise........ Fook all :banghead) Spent another hr or so pissin about with different charges and trolling tinterweb to no avail so start to look for a new battery.
Found a battery on flebay and just before pressing the dreaded (Buy It Now) tab decided to try one more time. I remembered that once when having a problem with the PC not firing up I pulled the CMOS battery and shorted the terminals to reset the MB so decided to pull the battery on the Garmin leave for a couple of mins and then refit. Viola! It fired up.

Hope this is of some help to peeps in the future :thumbsup)
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Return to GPS, Sat' Nav' and Bike Comm's