Bluetooth Headsets and coms

Hints tips and general discussion regarding GPS and Satellite Navigations systems

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

Re: Bluetooth Headsets and coms

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed May 28, 2014 11:14 pm

What about battery life Dave ?...and recharge rate Dave ? Do you carry a spare battery Dave? If so, how much are they Dave? Will the battery life be seriously affected by the rate of use Dave? What I mean Dave, is, will the battery life shorten if ya using ya Sat Nav, music and talking to Papa Lazarou all day Dave, compared to just using it for music and Sat Nav Dave. That's the only thing that's bugging me at the moment Dave..fekkin hate batteries me Dave.

:-?

:mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Thu May 29, 2014 11:05 am

fek orf ya coooont yer out yer depth in this technologic section :getthis)

Our group will have grown by the next ride out ... and no one will talk to you so there :getthis) :getthis)

used it two days on the trot without a charge with no probs before, takes 2.5 hours to charge from flat but Ive never flattened it yet so battery life is ample....

any more questions please ask .... go on, you know you want one :mrgreen:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu May 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Oldbull wrote:fek orf ya coooont yer out yer depth in this technologic section :getthis)

Our group will have grown by the next ride out ... and no one will talk to you so there :getthis) :getthis)

used it two days on the trot without a charge with no probs before, takes 2.5 hours to charge from flat but Ive never flattened it yet so battery life is ample....

any more questions please ask .... go on, you know you want one :mrgreen:

If ya put away ya finger a moment , calm down and read my fekkin post again, slowly and out loud, you may eventually perceive that all my questions are pertinent questions asked by someone who doesn't know, wants to know and is hoping that the OP is prepared to edumacate me on this subject as, yes, I almost want one, - you and the other gadjet man's bleating this weekend has definitely aroused my interest but I need the Betabull's input thankyou.

Now go fekk yasself for tea. :getthis)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Thu May 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Tim

there is the facility plug the unit in and recharge while riding ones motorcycle,

all accessories are supplied when purchased from a reputable dealer,

poss not though if bought from a bloke outside the bogs at Sheffield train station :thumbsup)

coooont

can ya still hear me Dave :thumbsup)
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Out of curiosity like.... has anyone else had a bluetooth experience latley and how did it go ??? :D :D
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Oldbull wrote:Out of curiosity like.... has anyone else had a bluetooth experience latley and how did it go ??? :D :D

You fekkin sarcy cnoot. ! Ya just pipped me to it Old Boy. Just haven't had much time this week and meant to phone just to say ta.

Sooooooo, yea, and for the benefit of everyone else, Oldbull kindly offered to loan me his original Bluetooth Helmet Comms, the cheap one he got before he went the "Senna Way".

Always stuck with the Autocom and always poo-pooed the Bluetooth headsets, but with Oldbull and Ramo extolling the virtues of the latest generation of Bluetooth Comms, I thought I'd accept the offer of a loan and try it in Scotland.

So, met him 2 Sundays ago in the peak District where he quickly attached the headset and speakers to my helmet once I'd removed my Autocom headset. The unit was quickly and easily paired up with my Garmin , followed by my mobile phone and as soon as it was tested..i.e. music on from my Garmin, followed by a phone call which oiverrode the music, from Oldbul,l and I was immediately impressed.

So, off to Scotland we went and the overall impression I have is.." I want one for Christmas". The principle and the practical side is just brilliant. Oh how I enjoyed not having a fookin cable hanging about.

Dave, the loan model was good, even at high speeds, but the sound quality was obviously and understandably not that good compared to the Sena and the Autocom, the battery failing generally after 8 full hours.

However, all in all, I am totally smitten and come Christmas it'll be goodbye Autocom and hellllloooo Sena.

Thanks for the loan Dave. :thumbsup)

(wellll, ya did fekkin ask :wink) )

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Akuji » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:42 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
Oldbull wrote:Out of curiosity like.... has anyone else had a bluetooth experience latley and how did it go ??? :D :D

You fekkin sarcy cnoot. ! Ya just pipped me to it Old Boy. Just haven't had much time this week and meant to phone just to say ta.

Sooooooo, yea, and for the benefit of everyone else, Oldbull kindly offered to loan me his original Bluetooth Helmet Comms, the cheap one he got before he went the "Senna Way".

Always stuck with the Autocom and always poo-pooed the Bluetooth headsets, but with Oldbull and Ramo extolling the virtues of the latest generation of Bluetooth Comms, I thought I'd accept the offer of a loan and try it in Scotland.

So, met him 2 Sundays ago in the peak District where he quickly attached the headset and speakers to my helmet once I'd removed my Autocom headset. The unit was quickly and easily paired up with my Garmin , followed by my mobile phone and as soon as it was tested..i.e. music on from my Garmin, followed by a phone call which oiverrode the music, from Oldbul,l and I was immediately impressed.

So, off to Scotland we went and the overall impression I have is.." I want one for Christmas". The principle and the practical side is just brilliant. Oh how I enjoyed not having a fookin cable hanging about.

Dave, the loan model was good, even at high speeds, but the sound quality was obviously and understandably not that good compared to the Tena and the Autocom, the battery failing generally after 8 full hours.

However, all in all, I am totally smitten and come Christmas it'll be goodbye Autocom and hellllloooo Tena.

Thanks for the loan Dave. :thumbsup)

(wellll, ya did fekkin ask :wink) )

fixed that for ya :wink) :mrgreen:
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Hmmm glad you got on with it pal, surprised at battery life tho thought I got longer...

Your right about the quality tho mate and for me thats what cost the extra for the senna. You get a bit of background noise from mic as well.

The quality of the Senna is 10 times better than that one even tho that is adequate to get you sorted.

Just had a new phone and contract myself and the new phone is bluetooth 4.... paired up with my senna instantly and I now play my music through the phone instead of the Garmin... fookin gobsmacked again at the full stereo Bose quality sound :rockon) and Ive now sussed it so the voice commands take priority,(Senna software update last week)
Acid test on a proper run tomoz :notworthy) :notworthy)

Keep the Buetooth set Tim until you get a Senna sorted then give it one of the lads who fancies giving it a try :thumbsup)

Not had that much feedback about the 20s from Grant or Robbo on the other threads to be honest but reading between the lines the 20s are better for multi rider thing but thats about it, the large control knob on the SMH10 is still wayyyy better ease of use..
some good deals mite be available on the 10 now the new model is out ..

glad it worked out for ya pal :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby daveb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:52 pm

got a sena smh10 for 123 quid off fleabay from America :thumbsup)
daveb
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:48 am

Nice one Dave .. do the software update pal its sorts a few things out... Post up how you get on with it please.. what sat nav / fone you running with it etc etc...

Did the acid test yesterday and I think Im finally relaxed with things now if you get my drift, helmet on switch senna on drive away ..... no need reread instructions, is fone connected etc etc Everything is now working fine how I want it, Bose sound quality mite be a tad exaggerated but its still very very good.
voice instructions take priority now as well but Im not sure about bike to bike as I havent tested it yet.... Proper happy chappy now tho :thumbsup)

Edit: forgot to mention that Im now going to put a fag lighter socket on the bike now in case emergency charging is required etc etc seeing as Im reliant on battery power..

Anyone got a link for a tidy one pref with a waterproof cap ??? :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:55 pm

reet, this do thee :thumbsup)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-Ac ... 1c0e350a13

other stuff

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/towzatronics/_ ... rom=&_ipg=

Dave I've put a fly lead with a cigg socket on it, under the seat, just in case
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 pm

ramo wrote:reet, this do thee :thumbsup)

other stuff

Are they Blackbird specific and if so will they be OK for Carb AND later models?

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:04 pm

ramo wrote:reet, this do thee :thumbsup)

other stuff

They look the part, good idea with the fly lead, can put same plug on and swap it between bikes :thumbsup)

following your links Ive found these..

TDM http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390537244694? ... 1423.l2649

and maybe this for under seat of Bird http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350823552688? ... 1423.l2649

or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380690246282? ... 1423.l2648

More of a sealed unit type than the others ... be nice to make a job of em I think
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby daveb » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Did the update Dave can answer phone by voice prompt, phones a Motorola moto X and sat navs a zumo 660 although i've yet to test that well impressed :clap: Ive got a cig socket that connects to my optimate lead :thumbsup)
daveb
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:00 pm

daveb wrote:Did the update Dave can answer phone by voice prompt, phones a Motorola moto X and sat navs a zumo 660 although i've yet to test that well impressed :clap: Ive got a cig socket that connects to my optimate lead :thumbsup)

Nice one OB. Ya serpently getting to grips with it aren't you? :thumbsup)

You had a look at the Sena20 Beta testers thread on the GS forum lately?Fook me Betty is all I'll say. No wonder Grant and IanRobbo have gone very quiet. Ian did a really good write up on how he received it through the post and the procedure adopted for opening the box and checking the contents. After that it seems to have turned to shite in their hands eh.

Stick with the 10 , after your trials and guidance that's what I'll be going for at Chrimbo ( if I can last that long heh heh ) :rockon)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:29 am

Nice one DaveB glad your sorted mate.. If you want to test owt etc give me a shout pal :thumbsup)

Not tooo worried about group connection tho as its not my priority but it would be nice to sort it if possible.. Having had the group 446 radio experience a
number of times which NEVER worked in a group due to the vox brigade etc etc at least everyone will be on a level playing field with the bluetooth and you have a better chance..

Personally Ive come to the conclusion now that if I want to speak to another rider Ill phone him up ( unlimited calls on new phone) which also means unlimited distance :)

I think one or two max, people connected to each other is probably enough anyway, but its got to be a simple one touch connection due to the distraction factor away from the actual riding, must admit tho that the quality of that is also very good...

Note: Ive not gone over paranoid yet about the on bike charging thing because Ive found the battery life very good, done two days riding without charging with no probs.
Ive made a fly lead up tho as per Steves suggestion and Ill chuck it in me box with the charging leads as and when required... can flit between bikes as well so all good..

The more familiar you get the more you use it, it soon becomes second nature which never fully happened with a wired system ie plug the cable in pull it out, rip yer head off etc etc lol, dont happen with bluetooth, Helmet on, press button on headset, ride away .... Sena Bliss .... can it last :D :D

Tim Im watching the other thread as well, not much enthusiasm on there ... maybe over complicated things with the new one :P At least with the 10 it will be tried and tested pal :thumbsup) You mite be able to see them in the flesh if you go up to Russ,s place again :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Why the fook anyone wants to be connected to anyone else on a ride out is beyond me - other than perhaps the pillion so you can bark orders at the stupid cnut when they start getting their arse off the back seat to get their knee down on the boundarouts :D

Having the facility to make and receive calls by PMR or mobile could be a very unwelcome distraction which could turn out to be costly :| Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it either ;)

I've got the Autocom rider/pillion setup, and if I wanted to add my shiny new (and FREE) Garmin 590LM for the music, mobile phone calls etc, I could. But if I wanted music I'd buy a Wing or use the car (but I don't listen to music in the car either) :D

So when I do eventually meet up with some of you slags and grace you with the presence of the Superior SeXXy Silver XX, just remember that if you want to tell me something you'll either have to use sign language - or wait until we stop :thumbsup)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a waterproof cig lighter adapter under my seat, and I connect it to the flylead which came with the Optimate charger as they have the same fitting - easy to plug in and out, and no buggering about with different connections :thumbsup) Now 'if' you were all sensible, you'd all agree on exactly the same flylead connection so that if one forgets one's lead at some point, you could always hook up to someone elses lead :thumbsup)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:Why the fook anyone wants to be connected to anyone else on a ride out is beyond me - other than perhaps the pillion so you can bark orders at the stupid cnut when they start getting their arse off the back seat to get their knee down on the boundarouts :D

Having the facility to make and receive calls by PMR or mobile could be a very unwelcome distraction which could turn out to be costly :| Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it either ;)

I've got the Autocom rider/pillion setup, and if I wanted to add my shiny new (and FREE) Garmin 590LM for the music, mobile phone calls etc, I could. But if I wanted music I'd buy a Wing or use the car (but I don't listen to music in the car either) :D

So when I do eventually meet up with some of you slags and grace you with the presence of the Superior SeXXy Silver XX, just remember that if you want to tell me something you'll either have to use sign language - or wait until we stop :thumbsup)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a waterproof cig lighter adapter under my seat, and I connect it to the flylead which came with the Optimate charger as they have the same fitting - easy to plug in and out, and no buggering about with different connections :thumbsup) Now 'if' you were all sensible, you'd all agree on exactly the same flylead connection so that if one forgets one's lead at some point, you could always hook up to someone elses lead :thumbsup)

Well, I'm fooked if I'm gonna take my seat off every time I want a fag.

( A 'Wing ud be too big for someone like you )

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 pm

T.Murphy wrote:Well, I'm fooked if I'm gonna take my seat off every time I want a fag

I didn't realise you were that way inclined Mr McFaggot :shock)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Previous

Return to GPS, Sat' Nav' and Bike Comm's