Sena SMH 10 Bluetooth headset

Hints tips and general discussion regarding GPS and Satellite Navigations systems

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

Sena SMH 10 Bluetooth headset

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:16 am

Right then Daveb , OB, the Sherrif and anyone else...that Sena you got from the US Dave.. 123 quid you say? Did you have to pay import duty on that too? Also, the ad I see on e-bay says that there is no ac charger cable is that right? With it being from the US what's the back up service like if it goes tiits up?

Looked on Amazon and £158 with no, obviously, import charges and Amazon better to deal with if problems arrive yes?

I can't wait until Christmas so my Birthday present in November will be the cheapest new Sena anywhere. The question I put to the panel is where will that place be please?

Thanks in anticipation. :rockon)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Sena SMH 10 Bluetooth headset

Postby Oldbull » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:04 pm

01522 543438. www.globalbikeonline.com244 Newark Road, Lincoln LN6 8RP - behind the Esso petrol station

I paid uk price for mine Tim from a bike shop in Lincoln, haggled a bit and got 5% off but ive got peace of mind warranty issues and a place to go so i could sort it face to face if need be.

On hindsight tho the quality of the unit outways the risk so i wouldnt be averse to buying one online or whatever to get the best price... Also you can order any bits you mite need direct from sena if things did go wrong ....

Would have liked a bit more feedback from Grant or Robbo about the 20s before I dived in tho pal as afterall they are the newer version... saying that from what I can gather the only thing it does' better' is the group connection which as we know from past experiences lol can get complicated.... My theory is this now. If I want to talk to anyone in the group I just fone them handsfree like. You never go out of range and its crystal clear... (i have unlimited minutes on fone) you can still connect one to one thro bluetooth if you want as well tho..

THE best thing about smh10 tho is the large control button they got it massively wrong when they changed it on the newer models screwy screwy

Bottom line mate try the cheapest option like Daveb did..at worst you mite have to pay a bit of duty but still be less than uk price... Take yer time setting it up and read the fuggin instructions for once and it will serve you welll :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Cheers Dave. I have taken in all that ta.

When you say the "newer and better" 20 does the bike to bike..I thought the S10 did bike to bike too up to a range of 900 metres? I know it has FM whereas the 10 doesn't but it's not summink I want to pay oodles more for. Besides, can't you use radio from your phone if you wish?

I'll go over the Dark Side and ask that little cnut from Wakefield how he's getting on with it.

Last time I spoke to Grant was the other week on one of our Secret Hush-Hush Midweek Only Special People Invited Rideouts. Asked him how it was going.."fookin great piece of kit Tim" Further probing revealed that he wasn't sure how the FM was as "haven't fekkin used it or read the instructions yet" So, The Wakefield Weasel may shed some light on the 20. Not that I'm bothered really as the SMH 10 according to you lot, will do me just fine. All I want is to get rid of that fekkin curly lead from the side of my helmet ! LOL

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:58 pm

When you say the "newer and better" 20 does the bike to bike..I thought the S10 did bike to bike too up to a range of 900 metres? I know it has FM whereas the 10 doesn't but it's not summink I want to pay oodles more for. Besides, can't you use radio from your phone if you wish?

Yes it does do 900m + pal and you can connect up to 4 other folks i think , but with the smh10 you cant talk to all at same time.
With the 20s you can in full duplex which means everyone can hear everyone in theory :P ( can imagine the fun and games trying to pair everyone up just before a run tho whist everyone else is waiting :P :bigcry: ) once youve done once tho it saves it for next time. Press once to talk to me.press twice to talk to steve etc etc ..lots of variables with the 20s when group connected ie does everyone hear everyone elses satnav for example ?? Maybe a tad overcomplecated for us erm over fifties

You can use your fm radio from your fone but dont you have to have the earphones fitted to act as the arial ?? Not tried that yet ..... ive put shit load of music on my fone and just play that... I know there will be a way to sort the fm radio out tho and of a winters night i will have a play at some options... :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:08 pm

http://www.sena.com/product/adapters/sm10/

NB : for crimbo i mite ask for a SM10 Adapter lol to complicate matters even more... gives you the option of plugging radio 446 back in so you can carry on as you did before... simmos got a new radio set up so it would mean i could talk with him as before.. and anyone else for that matter... should imagine it will have been updated bluetooth now in line with the new headsets...

Typing on me fone so on a rain soaked balcony in spain struggling to post proper like if u get my drift (android :banghead) )
Last edited by Oldbull on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:10 pm

OB Just ordered a dual s20 from FC moto Germany seems that all the problems with the earlier models has now been sorted
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:15 pm

Simmo wrote:OB Just ordered a dual s20 from FC moto Germany seems that all the problems with the earlier models has now been sorted

Lol nice one Davey boy I knew youd see the light... scrap my post above now ... mind if i ask how much before Tim does pal ??

I know they exchanged the earlier models for peeps who bought them so cant knock them for that and from what i can gather from gs site they have got them working how they want... mite get some propper feedback on set up now then :thumbsup) :thumbsup)
Last edited by Oldbull on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:19 pm

£354 delivered in uk they all seem to be over £400
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Simmo wrote:£354 delivered in uk they all seem to be over £400

Have they got the smh10 in stock do you know mate ??

Tis a good price that for the pair.. check the model number on gs site pal

Mite be your answer their Tim, very reputable company and will give you full warranty etc :notworthy)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:35 pm

think there in stock £154
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby daveb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:48 pm

mine was £123 including all taxes Tim which they also sort out for you :thumbsup) You charge it up by USB JCmotors on ebay :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sena-SMH10-Bl ... 5d33eefad6
daveb
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Oldbull » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:20 pm

daveb wrote:mine was £123 including all taxes Tim which they also sort out for you :thumbsup) You charge it up by USB JCmotors on ebay :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sena-SMH10-Bl ... 5d33eefad6

Dave just make sure its the SMH10B mate ...
word of warning, make sure that its the SMH10B model pal because the B means that its the latest upgradable one.
Has yours got the B on the end of the serial mate ?? Dosent say owt on ebay link
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Thanks for all your info/input. Fekkin mine of information you lot are.

Think I'll just buy a road atlas and fekkin sing to messen :D

(only joking ) It's the 10 B for me then...November birthday present as I can't wait 'til Christmas.

( err OB. I can't get my head around the concept of talking to a group at the same time :-? Stupid question, I know...but what do you press to talk? :-? )

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby daveb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Oldbull wrote:
daveb wrote:mine was £123 including all taxes Tim which they also sort out for you :thumbsup) You charge it up by USB JCmotors on ebay :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sena-SMH10-Bl ... 5d33eefad6

word of warning, make sure that its the SMH10B model pal because the B means that its the latest upgradable one.
Has yours got the B on the end of the serial mate ?? Dosent say owt on ebay link

Yes its the B Dave made sure before I bought it :thumbsup)
daveb
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:32 pm

daveb wrote:
Oldbull wrote:

Yes its the B Dave made sure before I bought it :thumbsup)

Sooo, ya got the B Dave B is that right dave B the B? :P

Fook, I'm off for a lie down. lol

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Oh fook. Just popped onto FC Moto and there's a Sena SMH10 , a Sena SMH10 Universal and a Sena SMH10R..

What the fook? The blurb for the SMH10 and SMH10R is the same and I'm totally confused dot fookin com.

:pullhair

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:02 pm

T.Murphy wrote:Oh fook. Just popped onto FC Moto and there's a Sena SMH10 , a Sena SMH10 Universal and a Sena SMH10R..

What the fook? The blurb for the SMH10 and SMH10R is the same and I'm totally confused dot fookin com.

If I was you I'd go for the 20s as it has the furthest bike to bike, and the latest technology it's more expensive unless you go halfs with someone on a duel pack

A small comparison between the 10 and 10R
the SMH10 (no R) is nearly the same device but in a different form factor. It uses a jog dial and is a bit bigger. It’s simpler to install with the integral battery. But because of the clip mount, it may not work on all helmets.

The SMH10R is unique in that it’s a thin module that is surface mounted rather than clip on. To enable the lower profile, the battery is external and is therefore replaceable. the SMH10R is the best fit for a helmet as well as aesthetics.
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Simmo wrote:
T.Murphy wrote:Oh fook. Just popped onto FC Moto and there's a Sena SMH10 , a Sena SMH10 Universal and a Sena SMH10R..

If I was you I'd go for the 20s as it has the furthest bike to bike, and the latest technology it's more expensive unless you go halfs with someone on a duel pack

A small comparison between the 10 and 10R
the SMH10 (no R) is nearly the same device but in a different form factor. It uses a jog dial and is a bit bigger. It’s simpler to install with the integral battery. But because of the clip mount, it may not work on all helmets.

The SMH10R is unique in that it’s a thin module that is surface mounted rather than clip on. To enable the lower profile, the battery is external and is therefore replaceable. the SMH10R is the best fit for a helmet as well as aesthetics.

Cheers Dave. That's cleared it up a bit for me. :clap: Aesthetically, it doesn't really bother me as even with my looks the absence of a fugly top box on my beautifully sculpted Blackbird more than makes up for it. Dave and Ramo have convinced me that my needs will be more than satisfied with the 10 as opposed to the 20 ( and so has the price)...the jog dial being more ergonomic on the 10 than the 20. Also an external battery? :shock) ...that means a wire of some sorts and somewhere to put ya battery doesn't it? Bugger that then.

Dave, Dave, dave...thanks for the link Dave, thanks for this post Dave and thanks for the tips Dave...and Ramo...ya a coooont ( thanks too though :thumbsup) )

Just unclear on this Universal kit though as opposed to the other SMH10.

Almost nearly ready to spend some money now. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:36 pm

No universal kit but just to confuse you Tim

http://www.sena.com/product-comparison-chart/
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Simmo wrote:No universal kit but just to confuse you Tim

Brill Simmo. Thanks for that :thumbsup)

Hmmmm, so there's an SR10 for connecting ya PMR as well eh?

Aww gawd..just looked at the SMH5-FM....ok the bike to bike range is less than the 10 and 20, but it's got FM radio and the attributes of the other two...hasn't it?

:P :P

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Well look what turned up today

image.jpg

:thumbsup) :thumbsup)
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:44 am

However, in addition to  listening to FM Radio on Moto G through the wired headset, you can also listen the audio out of a Bluetooth accessory such as a wireless speaker or wireless headset. Once the BT device is paired with Moto G, the audio of the FM radio on Moto G will be routed to the BT device.

Aaaannndd have a look at what ive just turned up also :clap:

Let us know how it going pal
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Oldbull wrote:However, in addition to listening to FM Radio on Moto G through the wired headset, you can also listen the audio out of a Bluetooth accessory such as a wireless speaker or wireless headset. Once the BT device is paired with Moto G, the audio of the FM radio on Moto G will be routed to the BT device.

Let us know how it going pal

Anyhow went up the club on the bike and garmin works' music works , telephone works , just got to get Mo's sorted now
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:18 am

Simmo wrote:
Oldbull wrote:However, in addition to listening to FM Radio on Moto G through the wired headset, you can also listen the audio out of a Bluetooth accessory such as a wireless speaker or wireless headset. Once the BT device is paired with Moto G, the audio of the FM radio on Moto G will be routed to the BT device.

Let us know how it going pal[/

Anyhow went up the club on the bike and garmin works' music works , telephone works , just got to get Mo's sorted now

You playing music from fm radio ?.? Mp3 off the garmin or off your fone (stereo thro fone ) ??

Send Mo up the road with her helmet on to do some distance testing pal :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Can you operate the buttons on the go ??? :clap:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:36 am

T.Murphy wrote:
Simmo wrote:No universal kit but just to confuse you Tim

Brill Simmo. Thanks for that :thumbsup)

Hmmmm, so there's an SR10 for connecting ya PMR as well eh?

Aww gawd..just looked at the SMH5-FM....ok the bike to bike range is less than the 10 and 20, but it's got FM radio and the attributes of the other two...hasn't it?

:P :P

Tim stop trying to make complications that dont exist duh
How many more times..... SMH10B boom mic cos you have flip up helmet.

Universal kit = wires.....SMH10R = wires and crap buttons... 20s = possible wires and tooo many sobs for a tight arse..
Now get one ordered from Daves cheapest link..
You want the SMH10B same as myself Ramo and Dave.
You can play stereo fm radio from your fone provided the fone has a radio function...

God fuggin help us when it comes to connection time :pullhair
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Next

Return to GPS, Sat' Nav' and Bike Comm's