Bugger!!!

Problem with the Blackbird ?
Then check into the out patients for advice and diagnostics from our very ownteam of Super-Blackbird technical guru's & members alike!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Bugger!!!

Postby smileymiley » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:15 pm

There I was ready to take my lady :thumbsup), Yes I've got one now!!! :D out into the Cotswolds.
This would be Rosemary's 3rd ride out on the xx, & she's really taken to it :thumbsup) & for some strange reason she would like to meet up with you all in the future :-? I've tried to talk her out of it.... but you know what women are like :wink)
Anyway, plan was for a leisurely ride down to Moreton le Marsh/ Bourton on the Water... lunch there, then an amble up to Stratford via Chipping Camden.
Got to Rosemary's for 9.15.. parked the bike up on the pavement ready for the off.. started to off load a couple of bits when I noticed steam coming up thru the fairing jawdropping :-?
I'd cleaned the xx the day before & sprayed ACF 50 liberally, but thought that should have gone by now...
Had a look round & found green water dripping onto the floor :banghead) Radiator leak!!!
She had half her bike gear on, when I informed her that we weren't going anywhere :bigcry:
Anyway.. after much cussing & kicking inanimate objects :P I phoned Tony, owner of my local bike shop, who does most of the work on the xx , & just over an hour later he was there to take her back to his work shop.. TK Motorcycles, Melton Mowbray.

Not wanting to waste the beautiful weather & being NT members, we decided to go in Ro's car to Charlecote House & park. A lovely place to visit... :thumbsup)
Tony rang to say the hole was in the Rad core...& a new Honda one was £701 :shock) :shock) jawdropping
Back at Rosemary's a quick google found a rad mender in Anstey.... bring it round he says I'll have a look for you 8) But that wouldn't be till Saturday :(
Also checked out these:
http://www.serckservicesmotorsport.co.u ... 383524.php
Talked to Roy & he's going to make me a new one for £430, 3-4 weeks to make but I'll be ok with the patched up original till then :smile:
Why buy a new rad you may ask?
If the original has already leaked, it will again... The fix I'm having will only repair the leak, but the rest of the core will no doubt be on it's way out!!! A re core is nearly as expensive as the new one I'm getting made :-?
Anyrode should be up & running next week, then a shiny new one for mid September :thumbsup)
Will keep you posted as to how things plan out 8)
Cheers

Miles

Vini, Vidi, Velcro

I came, I saw, I stuck around.
smileymiley
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: Bugger!!!

Postby Oldbull » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Taffys got one Miles :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tigger » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:49 pm

I never buy a new rad, its always cheaper to get one re-built. Cant remember the number, i used these before often,

Auto Radiator Services
Manor Road Caddington
LU1 4ED

01582 733650

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Oldbull » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Go get this one Miles quick before its gone ...

http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/f ... hp?t=60397
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Out Patients