C.C.T. Anyone ?

Problem with the Blackbird ?
Then check into the out patients for advice and diagnostics from our very ownteam of Super-Blackbird technical guru's & members alike!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

C.C.T. Anyone ?

Postby Sircular » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:46 am

Hi y`all,I`ve noticed my cam chain`s rattling more than usual on tickover.(Is this normal ?) (It`s a `97 carb`d model) Is the tensioner adjustable ? Or, will I need to get/fit a new one ? :-? Any help is welcome. Thanks, kind regards, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: C.C.T. Anyone ?

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:41 am

Sircular wrote:Hi y`all,I`ve noticed my cam chain`s rattling more than usual on tickover.(Is this normal ?) (It`s a `97 carb`d model) Is the tensioner adjustable ? Or, will I need to get/fit a new one ? :-? Any help is welcome. Thanks, kind regards, Sircular.

'Morning Len. "Sounds" about right. Get a new one either from JAWS or David Silvers Spares Its a simple job to swap old for new....just two allen cap setscrews and yes, they are self adjusting so no need to faf about, although there are a few peeps out there that opt for the adjustable CCT. Cant see point messen.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Sircular » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:57 am

Cheers Murph, Thanks for the advice. I'll get a new one soon. Thanks again, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Richy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi all. Is it advisable to get the motor to tdc or can the tensioner be changed without?

Ta muchly .
Life on the edge, less people and a better view.
Richy
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Richy wrote:Hi all. Is it advisable to get the motor to tdc or can the tensioner be changed without?

Ta muchly .

Hi Ricky. No, don't fret about TDC , just change the CCT as it is. Lower fairing off and 2 Allen caps to undo. CCT might need a sideways gentle sharp tap to break it's seal with the gasket, remove and clean old gasket off. ( stuff a bit of greasy rag in the hole to stop any gasket debris falling in) Fit new gasket and new CCT, torque up and jobs a coconut. 15 mins top, then an hour or two finding the fairing bolts you put in a safe place before then deciding to clean the threads of the bolts up and ooh yeah must polish the bolt heads while I'm. at it!!!!!

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Richy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:01 pm

Thanks, i wasnt sure but knew someone here would know.
I'll get onto it tomorrow night, already got the side panel off so wont take long.
Thanks again.
Life on the edge, less people and a better view.
Richy
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to The Out Patients