Rear brake

Problem with the Blackbird ?
Then check into the out patients for advice and diagnostics from our very ownteam of Super-Blackbird technical guru's & members alike!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Rear brake

Postby aj » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:14 pm

In need of a discussion with someone who knows about rear brake issues ....passed mot today
but rear was on the pass limit re performance...talk to me about defect probability/course and effect if you can :cool:

Thanks
Aj ;)

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Rear brake

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:39 am

aj wrote:.

In need of a discussion with someone who knows about rear brake issues ....passed mot today
but rear was on the pass limit re performance...talk to me about defect probability/course and effect if you can :cool:

Thanks
Aj ;)

What do they mean "pass limit" re performance? New one on me . Thought they either bit on or not at all. Can they "fade" when held on? Would that point towards rear brake cylinder passing? Im as much in the dark as you....just pistu, pothelsw....poselth...postulating :-?

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:27 am

As Jaws would say.. Take it elswhere you cannot test the rear brake on a single roller.. The brakes are linked on a dual system in case some mite have forgot on here.. The rear brake pressure relies on other factors as well....
Only been documented here a few hundred times ffs. :banghead)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Witnessed the rolling rode test.... He Stood on the rear and held on the front as hard as possible :shock)
Result showed 25% level indicated on the dial... Apparently the minimum to achieve a pass duh

So it's underperforming ... :roll) ... Front was fine... Well over :)

Regards
Aj

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Oldbull » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:22 am

What part of... You cannot test the rear brake performance on a single roller ... Dont you understand Andrew. Your mechanic is not familiar with the birds braking system or he would know that..
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:05 am

Oldbull wrote:What part of... You cannot test the rear brake performance on a single roller ... Dont you understand Andrew. Your mechanic is not familiar with the birds braking system or he would know that..

I'll tell him. lol ... Btw... He has only one roller...so any mot station with a single roller is not the place to go for an mot :roll)

Had to find a new outfit to spannererer my bike...."road and race" in Telford...fitted new storm 3D ...checked chain..
Real test, I supose, is a full service post my imminent operation and recovery period... :roll)

Seams like a nice place...service is good.. Prices same as previous place down wussererer way...mechanics work on race bikes as well as the road stuff... :-P

Thanks for that Boldscull ....so I have nothing wrong with my rear brake :cool:

Regards ;)
Aj

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Barrie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:34 pm

When I had my 'Bird MOT'd last year, the tester said the rear was showing higher performance than the front. I suppose that could mean the front is crap. :rolleyes:
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Return to The Out Patients