Pist'n broke

Problem with the Blackbird ?
Then check into the out patients for advice and diagnostics from our very ownteam of Super-Blackbird technical guru's & members alike!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Pist'n broke

Postby Sircular » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:57 am

Hi peeps, went to service my rear brake, & one of the smaller pistons has siezed :banghead) . It's stuck down,level with the caliper. Pressure from the levers doesn't work! Any ideas on how to get it out, ( if it's possible ) If there's a certain tool to use, etc. Or will I need to get another caliper ? Cheers guys, sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Pist'n broke

Postby Sircular » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi peeps, update on my siezed rear caliper piston. Disconnected the corroded secondary master cylinder linkage. Removed corrosion, cleaned & lubed, painted on some ACF50. Everything working ok now !
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:53 pm

Bloody hell Len. Only just seen this thread. Glad you got it sorted :clap:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Sircular » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:55 pm

Cheers Murph`. Just thought;- If anybody has a similar. problem,( i.e. stuck rear caliper piston), & (if their brakes are still linked), to check the operation of their secondary master cylinder. Mine wasn`t working properly, due to some corrosion. But after a good clean & lube, all`s now working as it should be. Also, must say a big thank you, to our colleagues over on the B.I.R.D. forum,(& my Haynes Manual), for their help. Regards, Len.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to The Out Patients