Hamburg/Berlin Pt3

IXXRA Members Personal travelogues from around the world including photographs, tips and experiences.

Moderator: MaXX2

Hamburg/Berlin Pt3

Postby Poacher » Thu May 17, 2007 8:51 am

After Tuesday nite partytime Wednesday morning arrived, weather Sun and showers, no surprises there then :D

This was to be biking day, we were off to Roche, Frankfurt Oder and then Poland :clap:

The trip to Roche was great, even the little showery bits. On this route we travelled through a forest bout 7 miles straight line no junctions. Must have been zzz as did not see Netman accelerate and keep going, well not to be out done had a quick twitch of the right wrist and wahay the xx was away [bloody fast too :D ] leaving poor old kellarman as a blot in the rear view mirror.

This was possibly the first time since owning the xx that I had carried out this action, god it was bloody great :) :)

The reason for the visit to Roche was to visit Netman's aunt, who had loaned us her house in Berlin, so was well worth the visit and say a personal thank you. The only request before we left was she wanted a photo sitting on the Pan. Well.... we did not want to dissappoint did we....

After a splendid lunch we set off to Frankfurt Oder from where we were goin into Poland. Not appreciating how long it would take us [with Kellarman slacking on his deauville!!] we found we were running out of time to actually go into Poland, so we did the next best thing and went to the border for the statutory piccies.....

That's Netman on left and Moi on right [the good looking one with glasses :D ]
No mention of pies please!!

Here's me [in Poland] taking a picture of Netman [in Germany]

From here it was back to Berlin..... right through the centre under the tower

Took approx 1 hour of stop start ridin, no traffic lights were synchronised. The old xx fan was on overtime, nearly constantly on but xx performed with no probs. Even had to ride with my lid front up coz I was overheating, first time for everything I spose.

Arrived back and funnily enough it was partytime again!!

Thursday was shopping day buying prezzies for those left behind in blighty, had to visit the irish bar and drink some blackstuff too.....

Friday arrived, bikes loaded for the return trip to Hamburg

Sun was shinin, forcast was showery but clouds were movin fast, set off bout 11.00 ish right into a torrential downpour! gloomy So bad we even sheltered in a service station as we still had 190 miles to do :banghead)

Took us bout 4 hours in the showery weather to get back to Hamburg, bikes put in underground garage again, went to local restaurant for our final supper in Germany before leaving Sat mornin.

Went to an Italian place and sat just inside the door, whilst we were there watching the world go by........ the table infront of us had 3 seperate sets of occupants! Must have been the draft wobbly we were drinkin keepin us there.

Sat morn we left for the 330 miles back to the Hoek, and if the weather had been better we would have gone to Arnhem but as it was wet we went straight to the port. Managed to find a dry bit of autobahn to open the xx up..... wahay 140 indicated, steady as a rock with full luggage on too. Got scared at the speed of passin trucks so slowed and waited for Netman & Kellarman to catch up.

Couldn't book in as boat was not unloaded yet, so went and had coffee at a cafe just outside port gates. Found out it was Chip shop too, so had fish and chips with a differrence.

Statutory chips with mayo, and wait for it......

smoked mackeral

Absolutely great :-)

We had this meal to save drinkin time on board :mrgreen:

Boarded boat, strapped bikes down again

Straight to the cabin, kit off, to the bar!!!!!!

Had a few sherberts then a little sleep.

Got off boat, through customs, onto open roads. Kellarman was informed we would not be waitin for him in UK so was left after approx 1/2 miles as Netman and me roared into the distance, well not quite a roar as have standard exhausts :D

Constant 90/100 all the way up the A14, fantastic!

Well that concludes Poachers trip to Germany. :P :P
'The Poacher'
Poacher
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby jack » Fri May 18, 2007 5:17 pm

Looks like you had a great trip Poacher! and some nice pics. Next time you get to the port early, hang a left near the port entrance and head for Brielle, a very picturesque place to spend a couple of hours with some good restaurants and bars.
The Older I get the Better I Was
jack
Site Admin

Return to Travelogues