Monza Trip Part 3

IXXRA Members Personal travelogues from around the world including photographs, tips and experiences.

Moderator: MaXX2

Monza Trip Part 3

Postby Marathon Man » Fri May 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Day 5

Enjoy Monza some more. I went over to Ascari and set up camp for the whole day. Daz had more of a roam around and in hindsight I’d wish I’d done the same, but after two quite sleepless nights it was nice just to sit down with a few beers and ice creams and watch Nitro Nori outbrake every bugger going into Ascari.

And it was busy;

The victorious Nori;

Mr Bayliss;

Giancarlo Falappa, the ‘Foggy’ of Italy, who sat down next to me for the second WSB race. Very nice man, bit of a chain smoker though;

Hard work this;

Track invasion;

Day 6;

Started sunny, ended up in a French Alpine thunderstorm.

Headed west and managed to lose Daz within one mile of the campsite. So another five hours of solo riding to go – bliss!

Just past Turin, the weather set in.

And such it would stay for the next few hours. Up over Col Montgenevre;

And then the Col Du Lauteret which was sopping wet hence no photos (I ain’t stopping in the pissing rain for no bugger’s photos!). The roads would have been lovely in the dry, so must go back there again sometime soon.

Then the N91 to Grenoble. A lovely bit of road which is well surfaced enough to take some lean angles even when wet.

And finally to Grenoble (well, just south of there actually) and a nice quiet hotel. And a hot shower (hot water ran out at the campsite on Friday evening) and comfortable bed (no matter what they say, inflatable camp beds are no match for a mattress and duvet).

Marathon Man
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to Travelogues