Back in one piece - Eastern Europe

IXXRA Members Personal travelogues from around the world including photographs, tips and experiences.

Moderator: MaXX2

Back in one piece - Eastern Europe

Postby Chris Gale » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:46 am

Well i got back from my trip in one bit 8) Afraid no pics even though i remembered the camera this time .
If anyone is thinking of doing Slovakia and Hungary then please feel free to PM me and ill try and assist . In any event it was so good am taking a group over in May 09 to Czech republic , Poland , Slovakia , Hungary and Slovenia for 2 weeks :D
The woman are stunning , the roads are pretty much empty and not as bad as you may think - altough the 75 near Bratislava turned the BB into a pogo stick :bigcry:
The beer is 25p for a 10% 0.5 litre bottle , while the fuel is around £1.10 a litre .
The weather was roasting unlike here . The driving wasnt too bad - but they do like to undertake and commit themselves to insane overtakes on straight roads against oncoming traffic .
Buy a lonely planet Eastern europe phrase book or rely on finding someone young to translate cos the nearer you get to the ukraine the worse and funnier it gets .
But what ever else you do get there before it changes too much
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Back in one piece - Eastern Europe

Postby XXtremist » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Chris Gale wrote:But what ever else you do get there before Russia re-invades

Looking forward the the pics Chris
XXtremist
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chris Gale » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:08 am

Will def take pics next time i go - was too busy this time whizzing about :P
Good news is that the autobahn s were virtually empty and nearly all unrestricted on the way there :D Have to say that Rossi isnt paid enough cos i dont know how anyone undertakes at that sort of speed - but then he doesnt have turkish truck drivers to worry about :banghead)
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby XXtremist » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Chris Gale wrote:Will def take pics next time i go - was too busy this time whizzing about :P

It's not a Travelogue without mouth-watering pics, and a full report, Chris :bigcry:
XXtremist
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chris Gale » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Sorry mate - cant steer and hold a camera at autobahn speeds im afraid :oops)
Will try and get it right next year :wink) anyway didnt think you d want pics of me with head down bog after far too many shandies :roll)
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:53 pm

This stunning woman you met...did you all have to share her or were there others out there..... :-? :mrgreen:
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Chris Gale » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:18 pm

Tim the country is loaded with them - not as much as Brazil :P but pretty close 8) every time i saw something that was traffic stopping horny another walked around the corner :mrgreen:
if i was a single guy i would ship out there asap
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to Travelogues