Trippo & Dens Trip to the black forest 2010

IXXRA Members Personal travelogues from around the world including photographs, tips and experiences.

Moderator: MaXX2

Trippo & Dens Trip to the black forest 2010

Postby TRIPPO » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Sorry its took so long for me to get some video's on here for you :banghead)

Welll Den and i set off on the satdee morning on the bike's and headed off down to Dover for a lunch time crossing to Calais.
We crossed with Seafrance £64 return for the 2 bikes, a bargain in my eye's, and they even have proper bike racks that you put the front wheels in then they just strap the rear end down.
Gets off the other side of the pond and heads off, towards Laon where we had an Ibis booked for the night. Day 1 total of 320miles.
Gets up on the Sunday morning to a dark, fooook its gonna piss it down sky, and true to it, 10 mile down the road, kin skies opened up big time tried riding in it, but jeeeez it were to heavy so we had to stop in a church door way for an hour. we set off again, mainly on Minor roads, where we could enjoy the real France.And a lovely country it is. i personaly cant get enough of it.
The nearer we get to Germany the better the roads are gettin, so the grin starts to get bigger.
Then it was later that afternoon we got caught in our 2nd torrential downpour so had to stop again kin weather We finally crossed the Reine and into Germany and the black Forest
Wat a very nice place :-)
We climb up into the mountains and eventually arrived at Menzenshwand and our B&B, where we greeted by Phil and Kate our hosts :) 350 miles later :ride)
A really nice place to stay and can thoroughly recommend, and it is a bikers B&B.
index

We met some very nice people at the Grunenberg which we did some local rideouts with.
Sorry to say i took very few photo's with the camera but took loads with the camera fitted to the bike, so here are 5 vids for you to be going on with

You can watch them all in a higher resolution than the 360 it stats with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsv5bgjSe64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p1dZgBDlU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsoTL0zbJSQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeClB81jhkI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDYrGEi6AHE

Please enjoy the vids I have tried to keep the HD quality to the best i can get it, but this is all new to me

To sum up the holiday.... Twas great to have den on her own bike, and some of the roads she tackled, i have to take my hat of to her The one in vid 4 was about a 1in 3 or 4 single track with hairpins, and wen we got to the top , wat a huge grin she had :clap: :clap: :clap:
Great roads, stunning scenery, some really nice new friends and some very good weather, once we got there And a faultless place we stayed at :)

The ride back was very much of the same route we came on, but with a few more miles of dual carriage way to hasten up the return.

Not far from where we stayed is a town called todtnau where they have taboggan run like roller coaster, that you can ride if you are ever near there its a must kin brilliant :shock) Takes 4 and a bit mins from top to bottom if you dont use any brakes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A clouple of more vids later :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cant wait for my return visit to the Black Forest, hopefully soon :clap:
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Re: Trippo & Dens Trip to the black forest 2010

Postby rushwind » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:40 pm

am over in N.R.W in 4 weeks, will check out your roads on ggl earth, see if they are accessible
rushwind
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby aj » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:41 am

enjoyed yer vids hippo...job well done my son... :clap: :clap: :clap:

now make a 10 min collage... lol

regards
aj 8) :mrgreen:

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tigger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:21 am

Looked great, nice trippo :D

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Looked at a couple each evening and it's a brilliant vid diary of a really nice jolly John 8) Pleasure to watch it pal :clap: :clap: :clap:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to Travelogues