With much sadness, she has to go........

Selling any kit? Or are you looking for some Blackbird parts or bike gear?
Then put an advert on our Shop Window,
or if you want to trade/swap any items please put them here.

Moderators: MaXX2, wobbs

With much sadness, she has to go........

Postby XX-Bernie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:27 pm

HONDA CBR1100XX SUPER BLACKBIRD – 04 REG - £4395 - Newcastle upon Tyne

Firstly, I have no idea how in hell I remembered my login and password. I deserve a medal for that!!

Here I’m selling my beloved Blackbird. Unfortunately, medical reasons force sale and I need to look at getting a bike with a more upright position. I really wanted to keep her for so much longer as these incredible beasts are no longer available, and with TLC, I’m sure they will become a modern day classic.

I have had the bike since 2008 and she has mainly been used for commuting, hence why the mileage over the last few years has been a low turnover. Since the last MOT in Jun 13, she has only done 5 miles (MOT station to home). It’s taken me a year to decide she must go and I have been fighting the urge to sell as I love Blackbirds. However, for the reason stated, she won’t go anywhere and this bike deserves to be ridden and not to be my museum piece.

With the sale you get;

- Brand new back tyre (5 miles on it!)
- Brand new chain and sprockets (0 miles!!)
- Oil/filter change at last MOT (5 miles)
- Two full sets of keys (bike and luggage)
- Full Givi luggage rack
- Full set of boxes (panniers and top-box)
- Top-box only rack (it takes about 30-60 minutes to changeover)
- CORBIN leather seat which retails on their website for about £300. This is seriously the MOST COMFORTABLE seat you will ever sit on and is fantastic for banging out hundreds of miles. My bladder let me down before my backside did!! You can have a good giggle at your mates riding their razorblade racers as they get off their bikes like John Wayne and fill up their petrol tanks every 100 miles.
- Spare screen (which I was going to mount a Satnav on)
- Headlight protector.
- HPI check carried out when I purchased it through eBay in 2008. As it was thorough eBay, I paid a deposit and paid the outstanding balance on collection. There is no finance outstanding on this bike. This could save you some pennies in checking, but I won’t be offended if you do!

I have also refurb’d the externals of the front shocks, re-preserved the radiator end plates and re-furb’d the brake caliper externals.

Those discerning Blackbird owners might notice that the decals on the fairings are not original. I had an ‘off’ 3 years ago and slid the bike down the road. As I’d already had an insurance claim for my PREVIOUS Blackbird (T-boned by a pillock at a roundabout), I chose not to claim again. Damage was all superficial and I replaced the top fairing, o/s bottom fairing and wing mirror unit. Fantastic repair and the only evidence of any incident is the very slight grazing of the exhaust, top-box, minor dent in the tank (paint intact), the small blob weld on the oil cooler and the aftermarket decals (only on the bottom fairing). I could easily get away without telling anyone, but I’m as honest as they come and don’t want any comeback. The bike has sailed through 2 MOTs since the incident.

This is a genuine sale from a genuinely sad seller so please don’t mock me with frugal offers in my darkest hour!

Note to potential buyers – I am happy for ANY inspection. The bike has 10 days insurance left on it, so welcome anybody to ride it out providing they show they HAVE insurance. I WILL REQUIRE A DEPOSIT FOR THE FULL AMOUNT before riding out. I will retain the deposit if any damage is incurred during the test-ride. NO IFS, NO BUTS. If you’re serious about buying, you’ll have the cash on you anyway!! Wives/girlfriends are not an optional extra for a deposit!!

Can't seem to get any pictures to upload on here, so here is the link to the BikeTrader advert.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
When opportunity comes knocking on your door.......
XX-Bernie
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: With much sadness, she has to go........

Postby Oldbull » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:44 pm

What is the actual mileage Bernie ?? bit high priced for a ten year old bike thats been dropped ??? :-?
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: With much sadness, she has to go........

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Happy Birthday "Bernie". :clap: Long fekkin time no hear. Thought you'd died a long time ago. Sorry to hear you're fekked at 43. What HAVE them sailors been doing to you eh?

:shock)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to Shop Window & SwapShop